Losing Snyder HUGE Blow: Who Is At Fault

His story doesn't sound like any time of mental breakdown, it sounds like he got drunk, drove, and got caught. In that scenario, you bash yourself and say sorry and move on (which he did). In that story I didn't read anything about deep, dark, debilitating depression or anything of the sort. I totally get mental health but don't just go throwing that crap around as an excuse for someone who just made a mistake. EVERYONE has mental health issues but it isn't a friggin excuse for a regular dude who got popped for an OWI. Don't lump that in the same category.

To whatever poster told me to "shut up", you are the exact type of person I was talking about. Take a bow!!

The dad pretty much implies it was a mental health break down or at least blames the drinking on that. Mental health issues don't need to be dark and deep depression. Most of us have some mental health issues I can agree, but for most it doesn't interfere with life goals. In this case, that maybe what happened.

Read the post of mine that you just quoted, you "dolt." See the part where it says You don't have to give any names?

I already told you it was a coworker of mine who lives in Larchwood and is acquainted with the family.

And regarding you being a baller, we all know better.

Dean and Fry are "Dolting each other". I'd rather see "Ferentzing" when it works.

A loss, but not a "HUGE" loss. Who's at fault...appears to be Brandon. On with the season, Good luck to Brandon at SDSU, he's a good kid.

His story doesn't sound like any time of mental breakdown, it sounds like he got drunk, drove, and got caught. In that scenario, you bash yourself and say sorry and move on (which he did). In that story I didn't read anything about deep, dark, debilitating depression or anything of the sort. I totally get mental health but don't just go throwing that crap around as an excuse for someone who just made a mistake. EVERYONE has mental health issues but it isn't a friggin excuse for a regular dude who got popped for an OWI. Don't lump that in the same category.

To whatever poster told me to "shut up", you are the exact type of person I was talking about. Take a bow!!

Good points. With mental health, it is always tricky to figure out what is in the individual's control, and what isn't. By putting to much emphasis on the disease, you absolve the individual of personal responsibility, which is also an issue.

I wasn't trying to excuse anything, mistakes were clearly made by the individual. I guess my main point is perhaps try to look at them as mistakes (no matter the contributing factors), as opposed to static character flaws.

I completely disagree. Much like when a kid doesn't make grades, they don't come out and disclose that. That is a privacy issue. Snyder had to move on from the program, he feels embarrassed and is upset that he let the University down (per his own dads words). This is just trying to let the kid leave without everyone in the world knowing without a doubt that he screwed up and did something that is embarrassing/stupid. Ferentz is going to side with the kid and help protect the kid over giving freaking Morehouse or any fans that are crying the story, begging to know what happened. Ferentz constantly takes these arrows that are fired, and honestly that is a great trait of his.

As an aside, I love Morehouse, he is a great reporter. I would actually bet $1,000 that he does know the story (or at the very least heard versions of what happened). Yet without the university letting it out, he isn't going to just report rumors/hearsay.

I think it depends upon the infraction. If it comes out that it was a 3rd alcohol offense this summer and it was "hidden", whether out of consideration of Snyder or not, that will look bad. If it is something else, I buy your argument.

If he's healthy, he'll be a good player for SDSU.

I think Iowa has some very strong defensive backs who will play a lot more this year (Geno Stone, come on down!)

Latest posts