Looking at Hawkeye Bowl Picture

Still, they should go to Nashville. Their fans will travel better because of proximity, and with it being their first bowl in five years, they deserve it.

Is close proximity a good thing for bowl games? I'm thinking of hotels, restaurants, that sort of thing. West Lafayette is a 5 hour drive to Nashville, most probably drive down the morning of the game and some may not even stay overnight. Whereas many Hawkeye fans will probably make a weekend out of it, I've already reserved a hotel for 2 nights in case they go and I'd bet other Hawk fans will make a long weekend of it.

Bowl games are not interested in just selling tickets, they usually force teams to purchase a huge block of them anyway, it's how much money are people going to spend. This all goes into the "how well teams travel", I don't think it has a lot to do with butts in the seats.

"I think the Nashville event jumps on the Hawkeyes, whose fans have let it be known that’s the desired destination within the possibilities. Purdue would head to The House that Ruth Built."

Zero disagreement with this.

And with that said, it's why the bowls are merely exhibition games meant to fill others' coffers. Purdue beat Iowa head-to-head, played in a tougher division and played teams we lost to tougher. But, because Iowa "travels" better, we get the better bowl.

So it goes.

No. First of all, Purdue plays in the same division as Iowa. Yes, Purdue beat Iowa head-to-head, but that doesn’t account for much outside of the Big Ten. Iowa played a considerably tougher schedule, and has a huge win against the champs of the “tougher division,” and nearly beat Penn State. Purdue’s best win is over Iowa, and they also hold losses to Rutgers (The clowns of the BIG) and Nebraska, who Iowa just blew out.

No. First of all, Purdue plays in the same division as Iowa. Yes, Purdue beat Iowa head-to-head, but that doesn’t account for much outside of the Big Ten. Iowa played a considerably tougher schedule, and has a huge win against the champs of the “tougher division,” and nearly beat Penn State. Purdue’s best win is over Iowa, and they also hold losses to Rutgers (The clowns of the BIG) and Nebraska, who Iowa just blew out.

None of that matters, if the bowl game invites were based on who deserves it then Purdue deserves it over Iowa since they beat us head to head on Iowa's home field and finished with the same conference record. Fortunately for us that's not how bowl games work, they care more about revenue.

Shrug. I hope they get a good matchup against a team they can beat so they can get off the bowl schneid. I really don't care where they go because I'm not going anyway. If you don't want to go, don't. It's your money.

Couple updated bowl prediction sites have Iowa to NYC as of this morning. I think the Beathard connection makes for a better story for the Music City Bowl people.

Same ones show ND vs ISU in Orlando...........:D

Most predictions I’ve seen have Iowa in Nashville vs Texas A&M. The Pinstripe seems to be the destination for Purdue.

Most of my energy is focussed on hoping Wisconsin gets blown off it's wheels and out of the playoffs...but...worst case for Iowa is going to the prison stripe bowl and being humiliated by an off the shelf generic label with a first year...30 something coach...Nashville...beating a name+++

None of that matters, if the bowl game invites were based on who deserves it then Purdue deserves it over Iowa since they beat us head to head on Iowa's home field and finished with the same conference record. Fortunately for us that's not how bowl games work, they care more about revenue.
Uhh sure, if it were who deserves it they might, but it’s not, and that’s a pretty dumb hypothetical because that’s not how bowl selection works. Literally all of that matters, unlike who deserves it.

Uhh sure, if it were who deserves it they might, but it’s not, and that’s a pretty dumb hypothetical because that’s not how bowl selection works. Literally all of that matters, unlike who deserves it.

You must not have read my post correctly, I didn't offer a "hypothetical". All the bowls care about is revenues, Iowa would probably get picked over Purdue even had they lost to Nebraska.