Looking at Hawkeye Bowl Picture

Things are what they are at this point so I'd prefer the Music City Bowl. I do NOT want the Pinstripe Bowl.

A look at the Big Ten bowl picture and where the Hawkeyes might fit in:

LINK

Thanks Rob, of course there are a ton of variables. You presented a nice simple starting point for us to begin with.

One site predicted Louisville - Iowa in Pinstripe (Purdue already played Louisville)

of course if OSU should win the conference...and they don't go the the playoff - then we all move down one.

How sure are you we go to the Music City Bowl? Tix's are fairly cheap right now.

Don’t buy tickets based on my outlook. As others have noted, still too many variables to pin down. Tickets should remain relatively cheap for this one.

"I think the Nashville event jumps on the Hawkeyes, whose fans have let it be known that’s the desired destination within the possibilities. Purdue would head to The House that Ruth Built."

Zero disagreement with this.

And with that said, it's why the bowls are merely exhibition games meant to fill others' coffers. Purdue beat Iowa head-to-head, played in a tougher division and played teams we lost to tougher. But, because Iowa "travels" better, we get the better bowl.

So it goes.

"I think the Nashville event jumps on the Hawkeyes, whose fans have let it be known that’s the desired destination within the possibilities. Purdue would head to The House that Ruth Built."

Zero disagreement with this.

And with that said, it's why the bowls are merely exhibition games meant to fill others' coffers. Purdue beat Iowa head-to-head, played in a tougher division and played teams we lost to tougher. But, because Iowa "travels" better, we get the better bowl.

So it goes.

Purdue played in the same division as we did. They lost to Nebraska. They lost to Rutgers. They played NW roughly the same as Iowa, score-wise.

Still, they should go to Nashville. Their fans will travel better because of proximity, and with it being their first bowl in five years, they deserve it.

Hawks in NYC guarantees I won't be tempted to go. Bring on The Pinstripe Bowl!

Couple things I don't understand because the Big Ten has tiers of bowl games instead of a defined pecking order.

So the Pinstripe, Music City, and Foster Farms are all considered the same tier. Why is it assumed that Foster Farms is the one that gets shut out? Also it is not clear to me when Music City Bowl gets swapped with the Gator/Taxslayer Bowl, but all projections I have seen suggest its the Music City Bowl thus year.

Finally I have heard that the Holiday Bowl may still have some interest in Iowa, although that would have been easier to sell if Iowa had went 8-4. But I wonder if the Big Ten would consider sending Michigan to the Pinstripe, given how many Michigan alumni are on the east coast, then send Iowa to the Holiday Bowl and Purdue to Music City. Could be the best way to get fans to show up to each game.

Another bowl... can't figure out why so many are unhappy...coach...care to comment?... That's football fans....Brian and I know it goes with the job...hahaha

Latest posts