Look for some subtle but game-turning calls next couple weeks

Ok what presentation would you have seen or who you would have talked with to steer your thinking??? Seems odd to me. Doesn't happen in my everyday work.

I will continue to watch the refs closely. After what they did to Iowa last season I believe that they can not be trusted. Even the BSU win was terribly called, overturned td catch, obvious missed targeting and PI calls. The clown game was a complete work over against Iowa. So far this year the officiating has been better but not perfect. We will see if they have it in for Iowa or not. However for the rest of the regular season this team just might be good enough to win games by a large enough margin to put it out if range for the refs to work Iowa over.

Ok, one of 2 things is happnin, here ...

1) Ol' hawkBob's clever ruse was intended to smoke out Hawknick, once and for all. (Everyone knows nick / Clinton's achilles heel is the "bad officiating" angle.)

2) Hawkeye Nation now has TWO certified ol' coots.

I think it might be all of the above!

Ok what presentation would you have seen or who you would have talked with to steer your thinking??? Seems odd to me. Doesn't happen in my everyday work.

Bob62 runs in some tight football related blue-blood circles in Orlando (land of Citrus and other bowl games) area....and he's not generally a troller. I would guess an argument was made enough in discussing the CFP that one, esp an Iowa fan, could feel a bit of paranoia.

No, not saying that. I just think that we won't get any breaks, and any excuse to give us a loss won't pass by. I realize it sounds "whack". But the program/talk I heard today hacked me off...

I think you're ok hawkeyebob....enjoy the victory beer/wine/zima/koolaid/soda following a hawkeye victory :)

"I want all of my first round picks back and I want David god d@mn Putney because I feel like it!" Oh sorry..I kinda went whacko there for a moment and thought I might feel welcome here :)

This is the dumbest thread I've read on this website. It is in the best interest of the BIG to have Iowa undefeated walking into Indy vs. an undefeated East champ. That gives the BIG an automatic playoff team.

This is the dumbest thread I've read on this website. It is in the best interest of the BIG to have Iowa undefeated walking into Indy vs. an undefeated East champ. That gives the BIG an automatic playoff team.

^^Your point is good about a 12-0 Iowa playing 12-0 East Division winner making for a Big team in the playoff. But after watching some very lame calls especially some very bad ball spots and a mugging on T SMith makes you wonder how bad are these officials. I dont think officials are wanting one team to win but it appears they sometimes dont work as hard to see the spots or be ready to see a penalty.

I just feel The Committee is DYING for us to lose. But...so is the Rose Bowl AND the Citrus Bowl. Those two want Michigan BAD. A 13-0 Iowa team is one thing, but a 12-1 Iowa team is "by-passable". But an Iowa team with TWO losses is EASILY a team they can pass on. Look for us to lose two games...and not necessarily because of being "outplayed" or "injuries catching up". Just a bad feeling after a presentation I heard, followed by a conversation I had, this afternoon.

Latest posts