Look at these submitted Big Ten logos

My favorite.
370811-1478.png

Any one of those are better than what the conference came up with. I especially like the ones that say Big Ten, with the #12 subliminally hidden in there.

I think including the number 12 is unnecessary.

Maybe one of the options with 12 stars to represent the 12 schools is ok.

Last edited:
Amateur hour. These are all crap for the most part, hiding the 12 looks dumb. The new one is perfect if they would just use a different color.

With B10 expansion still on the horizon, I can see why they avoided going with a logo that incorporated the number 12, as they did with the 11 on the previous logo. They wanted a logo they could stick with for a long period of time that wouldn't have to be redone if the conference were ever to grow beyond 12.

That being said, some of the designs on that site are pretty cool, and if we were to toss out the likelihood of going beyond 12 anytime soon, would have been much preferred over what the B10 office came up with. The whole new logo and division names thing is still kind of a disappointment, but I have a feeling it'll grow on everyone eventually once it becomes incorporated into everything B10 related....tv, website, print, apparel, etc.

They wouldn't be able to save thousands by using a contest version. Here's an honest in depth review by a professional designer -

Branding Identity Design | mgoblog

Cliffs-

-They'd still have to spend almost the same amount of money to get a design firm to adapt a 'contest winner' into a working branding concept

-The new logo is to the point, the typography is relatively clean and is also current without being too trendy. The whole B10 shortened mark could probably catch on

-Color sucks

-if you think the design firm could have done better, chances are they did. It just wasn't chosen.

big bucks

id like to get a contest going coming up with a new hawkeye logo....i DON'T want it to change but i think it'd be cool just to see what ppl come up with