Lol

Well, no shit there’s not a lot of evidence. The guy hasn’t coached a game at Nebraska yet. To suggest you see no evidence that he will be any good is just as stupid as saying that there is plenty of evidence he’ll be good right away. What evidence do you have that show that he can’t compete with the top teams in the B1G? I’ll hang up and listen to that. He brought in a higher rated class than Michigan in just a few months on the job. So, he's already shown he can recruit at a high level and Nebraska hasn’t lacked in talent, they’ve lacked in good coaching/development.

They can do exactly what Wisconsin is doing now after a few years under Frost. Iowa could do the same if KF pulled his head out of his ass.
Wisconsin doesn't bring in super high rated classes.
Read my post again. He was always under someone else's wing. Chip Kelly built Oregon's offense and when he left it had a couple good years as a residual effect then with Frost as an OC it started to tank. UCF lost 1 conference game in 14, the following season that team bailed on their coaches and in steps Frost again to gain on the residual effects. When at UNI he was riding the Chris K effect.
Granted he got an already good UCF team to play again, but they were successful before he showed up and they quit on their coach.
That's his claim to fame as far as I'm concerned.
So yeah there is no evidence he can be successful in the big, but it goes further than that.

Rivals had Nebraska higher than Michigan.
You're right, I must have looked at the wrong Rivals list. But 247 and espn both had Mich higher. I'd call it a push.

But as for
He brought in a higher rated class than Michigan in just a few months on the job. So, he's already shown he can recruit at a high level and Nebraska hasn’t lacked in talent
As you say (and as I said earlier in this thread), the recruiting's been good. The 2018 class was ranked about where Neb's classes have been ranked every year for quite a while. So it doesn't prove Frost will improve them in that area.

Now Hayden and Iowa have a coaching tree.
That's a fact. They don't believe in chasing someone else's thunder, they know how to bring it themselves. Rare commodity these days.
I've got $50 says if you followed Warren Buffett around from place to place you would probably make some money, but that doesn't mean you are good at making money now does it??
Catch my drift??
Two things my mother always told me. #1 don't ever apply for a job where they are always hiring. There is a reason nobody wants to work there.
#2 when someone keeps jumping jobs, you better ask yourself why.
Brilliant lady, she was. Her ability to dumb it down was nothing short of miraculous. But you do know Einstein said, if you can't explain it to a barmaid, you don't understand it well enough. So...,..

Last edited:
Wisconsin doesn't bring in super high rated classes.
Read my post again. He was always under someone else's wing. Chip Kelly built Oregon's offense and when he left it had a couple good years as a residual effect then with Frost as an OC it started to tank. UCF lost 1 conference game in 14, the following season that team bailed on their coaches and in steps Frost again to gain on the residual effects. When at UNI he was riding the Chris K effect.
Granted he got an already good UCF team to play again, but they were successful before he showed up and they quit on their coach.
That's his claim to fame as far as I'm concerned.
So yeah there is no evidence he can be successful in the big, but it goes further than that.

Mark Helfrich was the Oregon OC and was the primary play caller when Chip was there and continued to be the play caller when he took over for Chip Kelly.

I did some digging and found that About half of Frosts starters on the 13-0 UCF team were kids he recruited. Freshman, RS Freshman, and Sophomores would have all been recruited by Frost. There were a few JUCOs thrown in there, like Mike Hughes, who was a first round pick this year. According to 247 there were 19 starters on that team that were recruited by Frost. Most of them being on offense. Granted, this was at the very start of last season.

How exactly does he gain any positive residual effects from an 0-12 team? Taking a team from 0-12 to 6-6 to 13-0 isn’t just by luck, there has to be some good coaching and development going on.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...-chart-for-season-opener-vs-FIU-106514077/Amp

Sounds a lot like Iowa fans.

I think you are stoned here. If you put up a thread today in this forum asking for 2018 predictions in the B10 West...I doubt more than 10% of Hawk fans would put Iowa ahead of Wisconsin. I've got a very positive outlook on 2018 for Iowa and think if a few pieces fall into place (WR / LB) that they could compete for the title...but if I were predicting...I have Wisconsin a heavy, heavy favorite to win the West...followed by Iowa and Northwestern in a dead heat for second right now.

Nebraska got taken to the woodshed in 3 of their last four games (> 50pts allowed)...and were 4-8...and these guys are so delusional that a thread like that can exist. When you throw in the schedule...well...the delusion becomes insanity. I have no doubt Scott Frost is a good football coach and I would be very surprised if he isn't successful on a Bo Pelini type level at Nebraska at some point...certainly not next year, and certainly not with that schedule. He's taking a first year QB to play at Michigan, Ohio State, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Iowa. History is not kind to teams that do that. This team was not on physical par with the top teams in the B10...and on the road...you have to be to stay in games.

It's hilarious to me the disrespect they show Iowa. Iowa has pummeled them two years in a row....96 points worth of outright physical domination. Yet...these idiots don't even mention them as being a worth adversary. I'm sorry...if a team beats the daylights out of Iowa the previous two years (Wisconsin)...I've got them listed above us.

Mark Helfrich was the Oregon OC and was the primary play caller when Chip was there and continued to be the play caller when he took over for Chip Kelly.

I did some digging and found that About half of Frosts starters on the 13-0 UCF team were kids he recruited. Freshman, RS Freshman, and Sophomores would have all been recruited by Frost. There were a few JUCOs thrown in there, like Mike Hughes, who was a first round pick this year. According to 247 there were 19 starters on that team that were recruited by Frost. Most of them being on offense. Granted, this was at the very start of last season.

How exactly does he gain any positive residual effects from an 0-12 team? Taking a team from 0-12 to 6-6 to 13-0 isn’t just by luck, there has to be some good coaching and development going on.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...-chart-for-season-opener-vs-FIU-106514077/Amp
When Kelly left Oregon it went down hill correct?.
Who was OC when that tumble started?
As for UCF I'm guessing that when you can throw a rock and hit water, even a blind man has pretty good odds. Even if half the team was recruits of his. #1 what about the other half?? #2 if you have a plethora of high caliber athletes to choose from, what do you suppose happens? Especially in that conference.
Come on.

Oh and let's talk out of conference. PSU in 14 lost 26-24. Stanford in 15 lost 31-7.
In steps Frost, 16 Michigan lost 51-14. Maryland lost 30-24.
The magical 17. Maryland won 38-10.

Well la-tee-da.
I'm saying if you think his pedigree is all that and a bag of chips, well I would like to talk to you about some ocean front property in Arizona I have for sale.

Last edited:
When Kelly left Oregon it went down hill correct?.
Who was OC when that tumble started?
As for UCF I'm guessing that when you can throw a rock and hit water, even a blind man has pretty good odds. Even if half the team was recruits of his. #1 what about the other half?? #2 if you have a plethora of high caliber athletes to choose from, what do you suppose happens? Especially in that conference.
Come on.

Mark Helfrich was the play caller dude. And the head coach. And their offense wasn’t the problem with the Oregon downturn. It was the defense. So trying to say the downturn of Oregon was because of their OC is just plain ignorant for anyone who follows college football.

At UCF he didn’t have the benefit of a lot of the players from their good 2014 team. By the time he got there, those kids were mostly gone. He had to develop O’Learys kids that were recruited into a 0-12 mess. He did pretty damn good developing them I’d say.

UCF beat Maryland 38-10. UCF was kind of undefeated in 17.
Wow I'm done. Out.
Iowa was undefeated in conference not to long ago.
Not the ACC either. Maryland had the 4th hardest schedule in college football last year. One above.....Iowa. but actually probably not when you consider ISU with more losses plays in a far better conference then UCF going undefeated in the ACC. With besides a bowl, it's signature win is over Maryland???
That ranking is based on how many games your opponents won. Think dude think. Is a win over a 2 loss sec or b12 team better than a win over a basically undefeated (you being the only loss) ACC team? Absofuckingloutly.
Scott Frost:
2013–2015 Oregon (OC/QB)

Btw reverse your W/l yeah in 17 they beat Maryland, but lost all the ones before.

Last edited:
Wow I'm done. Out.
Iowa was undefeated in conference not to long ago.
Not the ACC either. Maryland had the 4th hardest schedule in college football last year. One above.....Iowa. but actually probably not when you consider ISU with more losses plays in a far better conference then UCF going undefeated in the ACC.
That ranking is based on how many games your opponents won. Think dude think. Is a win over a 2 loss sec or b12 team better than a win over a basically undefeated (you being the only loss) ACC team? Absofuckingloutly.
Scott Frost:
2013–2015 Oregon (OC/QB)

Do you think Helfrich called the plays when his title was OC under Chip? I doubt it. So, do you really think Helfrich gives his play calling duties up when he becomes HC? I doubt it.

I also have no idea what you’re talking about in that last post. UCF went 13-0 in the regular season last year and for some reason you can’t figure that out. They beat Auburn in the Peach Bowl too in case you missed it.

Thank god you’re “out.” People like you are impossible to have a decent football conversation with because you don’t know jack about anything outside Iowa football. And you don’t even know jack about that. You can’t even manage to use the google machine correctly.

The year before they went 0-12, they were 9-4, and 12-1 with a BCS bowl win the year before that, plus 10 and 11 win seasons in 2012 and 2010. UCF has a somewhat strong tradition for a G5 school, and they're planted right smack in the middle of fertile recruiting grounds.

He does deserve some credit since 0-12 to 13-0 in two seasons is a heck of a job, but Frost didn't "rebuild" UCF, he simply hit the reset button and reaped the school's traditional strengths: stronger team in a weak conference with recruiting advantages.

Yeah maybe so. But I can still call down the thunder.
I don't need your approval and I don't have to Google shit. I've forgotten more than you will ever know.
Your savior is a pussy. Weak sauce.
Everyone knows it except Nebby fans.
Maybe y'all should root a little harder to get Colorado as your black Friday game. You might actually win.
Meanwhile that frees us big boys (Wisconsin and Iowa) to get down to business.

Haha I never asked you to come to me for any sort of approval. I’m just proving you wrong and you can’t seem to handle the facts. Iowa included with Wisconsin as a “big boy?” That is laughable. Iowa has an average finish of 3-4 in the divison outside of 2015. Don’t forget, Nebraska won 3 of the first 4 of this series and they are capable of doing it again. You can go back to having your head up your ass now.

Haha I never asked you to come to me for any sort of approval. I’m just proving you wrong and you can’t seem to handle the facts. Iowa included with Wisconsin as a “big boy?” That is laughable. Iowa has an average finish of 3-4 in the divison outside of 2015. Don’t forget, Nebraska won 3 of the first 4 of this series and they are capable of doing it again. You can go back to having your head up your ass now.
Let's just settle this and ask Alexis.

Last edited:
The year before they went 0-12, they were 9-4, and 12-1 with a BCS bowl win the year before that, plus 10 and 11 win seasons in 2012 and 2010. UCF has a somewhat strong tradition for a G5 school, and they're planted right smack in the middle of fertile recruiting grounds.

He does deserve some credit since 0-12 to 13-0 in two seasons is a heck of a job, but Frost didn't "rebuild" UCF, he simply hit the reset button and reaped the school's traditional strengths: stronger team in a weak conference with recruiting advantages.

Good post. I never insinuated he “rebuilt” UCF. But he certainly brought them out of a huge hole they were digging themselves into. USF was on the come up and were set to take UCF over in the AAC. The point that I earlier made was that his 13-0 team was made up of mostly players he recruited in that short 2 years and he developed the young kids from those good UCF teams that probably didn’t get a ton of PT.

Its obviously still up for debate how he’ll fare at Nebraska, but odds are pretty good that he’ll at least do what Pelini was able to.

Its obviously still up for debate how he’ll fare at Nebraska, but odds are pretty good that he’ll at least do what Pelini was able to.
Just want to clarify.

Do you mean get fired, or insult his own fans? Or get blown out a lot?

Maybe a combination of those? I can see that.

Latest posts