Lol

Or go 3-1 against Iowa?

True, however, 1 of those was against an awful 2012 team where #14 nebby dominated a turrible Iowa team 13-7....

The other took essentially 2 punt returns for touchdowns in the 4th qtr for a comeback win, in overtime...and it was the win that got him fired cause..."they had to evaluate where blah blah blah".

But I agree, frosty could potentially get them back to 9 wins. That will only be good enough for so long. And anything less won't fly for long....cause...90's.

It never ceases to amaze how some of these nebby fans fail to remember all the built-in advantages back in the day of Osborne and St. Bob. The college football landscape has changed drastically since TO hung up his spurs. Football powerhouses go through cycles of elite success and being downright average at best. The programs in the best position to get back to the top are those in fertile recruiting grounds. I believe Frost will have them eventually contending for 9+ wins a year, maybe even win in Indy. But consistently? No. Even in the much-derided West teams aren't just going to roll over for nebby's coronation. This isn't the Big 8 anymore.

I think you are stoned here. If you put up a thread today in this forum asking for 2018 predictions in the B10 West...I doubt more than 10% of Hawk fans would put Iowa ahead of Wisconsin. I've got a very positive outlook on 2018 for Iowa and think if a few pieces fall into place (WR / LB) that they could compete for the title...but if I were predicting...I have Wisconsin a heavy, heavy favorite to win the West...followed by Iowa and Northwestern in a dead heat for second right now.

Nebraska got taken to the woodshed in 3 of their last four games (> 50pts allowed)...and were 4-8...and these guys are so delusional that a thread like that can exist. When you throw in the schedule...well...the delusion becomes insanity. I have no doubt Scott Frost is a good football coach and I would be very surprised if he isn't successful on a Bo Pelini type level at Nebraska at some point...certainly not next year, and certainly not with that schedule. He's taking a first year QB to play at Michigan, Ohio State, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Iowa. History is not kind to teams that do that. This team was not on physical par with the top teams in the B10...and on the road...you have to be to stay in games.

It's hilarious to me the disrespect they show Iowa. Iowa has pummeled them two years in a row....96 points worth of outright physical domination. Yet...these idiots don't even mention them as being a worth adversary. I'm sorry...if a team beats the daylights out of Iowa the previous two years (Wisconsin)...I've got them listed above us.
There isn’t a single person here that would have voted for Illinois to win the west. Not even the trolls. Lol

Haha I never asked you to come to me for any sort of approval. I’m just proving you wrong and you can’t seem to handle the facts. Iowa included with Wisconsin as a “big boy?” That is laughable. Iowa has an average finish of 3-4 in the divison outside of 2015. Don’t forget, Nebraska won 3 of the first 4 of this series and they are capable of doing it again. You can go back to having your head up your ass now.

Does the water run red in Sheldon these days...or just a heavy dose of lead. Think about what you are doing. You are executing the "delusional Husker fan" playbook to a T. Go back to the stat that makes you feel good about your program, and ignore recent history (recent history = 20 years for the most delusional).

Seriously, you are bringing up your 3 of 4 wins to start the Iowa series (all of which were close games). And ignoring the last five, and in particular the past two, where you were absolutely physically bitch slapped into submission for 60 minutes. Honestly, you don't go on another board talking crap about Iowa fans being delusional about taking on Wisconsin...when your team gives up over 50 points regularly and doesn't belong on the field with physical teams.

Wisconsin has won 7 of 10 from Iowa the past 10 years. 5 of those 7 wins were one score games. Last year's game was the only one that was a mismatch.

You should worry more about Nebraska finally forcing Ohio State to punt. It's been 6 years.

On another note..........

“Also last week, CBS Sports college football writer Tom Fornelli ranked strength of schedule for the 14 Big Ten teams in 2018.

The Hawkeyes ranked 13th, one spot ahead of last-ranked Minnesota. One could argue that Iowa should have been last with a non-conference schedule that includes Northern Illinois, FCS Northern Iowa, and the annual strength-of-schedule Salmonella in Iowa’s non-conference diet, Iowa State – a team that looks ready to take a step forward in 2018.”

We better be making some serious hay this season or Nebraska fans and all of football nation may be pointing at us and laughing.

Last edited:
Yeah I brought that up in another thread. I think that one turned into a I hate Nebraska rant as well. Lol oh no that was a why are we playing ISU every year rant. Sorry.
We will just have to see how it shakes out, many of the teams we play could do fairly well. I can't remember the year, but we ended up with a decent rank because we took care of business, but so did everyone we played. I don't think many saw that year as a particularly hard schedule (not an easy one either).
What could be a good thing or bad, is Purdue, Maryland and Northwestern are all pretty high on that list.
While we must beat them, we can only hope they are pretty good this year and win or put up a really good fight in the rest of their schedules.
I don't think any of them are going to just roll over.
All we can do is win games, win the west, possibly Indy and let the chips fall where they may.

What is with Nebraska wanting to be our rival??
It's all over the news today.
I got an alert from a place that notifies me of things that might interest me and it was very poorly explained. It made it sound like they are doing us a favor by wanting us as their black Friday rival.
That whole thing blew my mind. Nebraska, we don't want to do the last game of the year, black Friday thing anymore. Iowa, ok. Hey Wisconsin, do you want to play on black Friday? Nebraska, wait wait, we changed our minds.
Wow. Wtf???

Since joining the B1G Wisconsin is 6-1 against Nebraska. Some of the games have been close but for the most part Nebraska hasn't been in the game. What scares me is that they seem to have had a soft mentality. Push em' hard and they eventually crack wide open. I think that is the difference they've found in playing in the B1G. You gotta' play consistently hard play after play, game after game. Why it scares me is that the mental part can change with the right staff in place. They do have the talent but its been SW talent and that tends to be on the soft side as well (speaking generally of course). I don't know if Frost will do any better than Riley might have done. They both spent most of their time coaching O's in soft leagues. Frost is a Nebraska grad, tho, that may help in the long run as he like Riley takes his lickins he's sure to get while he transitions into the B1G.

Last edited:

Latest posts