Live from the summer scrimmage

Tania was walking around okay, and she shot around a bit.
Any Carly Mohns sightings? Or have the knee issues finally shut her down?

Carly is from Brodhead, Wisconsin, about sixty miles from where I live. She is also a Wisconsin Academy alum, where my eighth grader plays AAU. Our Cuba City girls played against her several times and those were some good games. It's a shame her body has broken down and she has never gotten a fair shot at Iowa from a physical standpoint.

Carly graduated last year, she could have played a 5th year, but she chose not to. I think that she’s working in her father’s business now.

Carly graduated last year, she could have played a 5th year, but she chose not to. I think that she’s working in her father’s business now.
Thanks. She definitely did the smart thing in getting her degree, getting on with her life, and not risking another serious knee injury. Thanks for the update.

Thanks. She definitely did the smart thing in getting her degree, getting on with her life, and not risking another serious knee injury. Thanks for the update.
Carly had huge potential and it's a shame those 6 knee surgeries had to happen. I think she did the correct thing by not risking any further damage. Dang she had a lot of potential. One tough lady.

Carly had huge potential and it's a shame those 6 knee surgeries had to happen. I think she did the correct thing by not risking any further damage. Dang she had a lot of potential. One tough lady.
We had a 5'11"-6'0" range post player in high school that had some great battles with Carly back in the day. But we would only see them during the summer or the regular season. Brodhead was a division above us for postseason play. Barneveld and Port Wing are a division below us. We would never see Megan Gustafson or (Current Nebraska) Hannah Whitish in postseason either, only in the summer or a holiday tournament type event. Maybe a neutral game in the Dells at the JustAGame facility.

Last edited:
How many alley oops and sweet dunks did Kriener have?

There were a bunch of freshman FB players there watching, so there you have a connection to men's sport. I only knew they were FB players because I recognized Plumb (he kind of stands out at 6'8").

1 quarter finished, Tomi attempted a long step back 2, that’s all so far.

Megan and Hannah did a lot of what they do for gold.

Logan Cook looks like she is ready to play this year

I don't think Cook will play this year. When Cook was on D, Stewart absolutely stole her lunch money over and over. On the plus side, Stewart (and Gustafson) looked really good. Cook was fairly aggressive on O, showed a good shot, and decent awareness. I think there is potential, but right now she is too slight to play 4 and not skilled enough to play 3 (4 will be her future position).

I thought Taiwo looked a bit lost, but I suppose that is to be expected. Low release, but fairly quick shot with some accuracy. I would not expect much from her, either.

Too bad Martin went down this spring. I think she would have had the best chance of helping them this year.

One last note: I thought Ollinger looked really good. She has really improved her quickness, and I don't think she will be as out of place when they play her at 3 this year in jumbo lineups. Hopefully she has more confidence in her shot (was a good HS 3-pt shooter) and can eventually become a dangerous stretch 4 (which I think will be her best position).