Lisa Bluder for coach of the year

ClintonIAfan

Head coach Lisa Bluder should win Big 10 coach of the year. The team has overcome so much to tie for 3rd in the conference. They lost 3 players prior to the season all of whom would have been significant contributers to the team’s success. They lost their starting point guard to injury early in the season. To overcome all of that and do what they did is definitely coach of the year material.

We are never going to be UCONN....And with Brenda Frese at Maryland it's going to be very tough to recruit players to challenge for the Big10 . Lisa does a great job here...hope we don't Mr. Davis her.

Head coach Lisa Bluder should win Big 10 coach of the year. The team has overcome so much to tie for 3rd in the conference. They lost 3 players prior to the season all of whom would have been significant contributers to the team’s success. They lost their starting point guard to injury early in the season. To overcome all of that and do what they did is definitely coach of the year material.
I think Coach Bluder has done her usual excellent job and has indeed overcome some adversity this year. However I expect someone like Amy Williams at Nebraska will win the award. The Huskers were picked in the bottom half of the conference and are rebounding from a bad year last year and they tied the Hawks for 3rd. Don't know how the vote will go, but Iowa must appreciate how consistently good Coach Bluder is, but doubt she's wining the award this year. Next year when we win the conference - good chance then.

Iowa was also picked lower than 3rd. Iowa overcame more to get to that point. My vote would still go to coach Bluder.

Iowa was also picked lower than 3rd. Iowa overcame more to get to that point. My vote would still go to coach Bluder.
My vote would go to Coach Bluder but I'm sure Amy Williams will get it. @Drakebulldog93 we might not be UConn and I wouldn't want to be but Lisa's recruiting is on the upswing. Getting to the Sweet 16 is huge for recruiting and we've got a chance to get there if they move us off the 8/9 bracket. In fact barring injuries we stand a very good chance to surpass Sweet 16. As far as Maryland the B1G is catching up with them and it's going to be hard for them from here on out. The B1G overall are recruiting top notch recruits not just Maryland. Anyway Maryland is finding out it's pretty hard to have injuries and just cruise through the conference. Ohio St. loses 5 seniors of which 4 are starters. They use the transfer route to get their players anymore. Anyway U Conn didn't win the Championship last year and they just might not win it this year. U Conn only goes 6 deep. Most of the time the starters play the entire first quarter before 1 is substituted out. Their strangle hold is slipping. Women's basketball is on the upswing with a lot of talent across the U.S. and teams like USF have almost an entire team of international players. Women's basketball is changing.

My vote would go to Coach Bluder but I'm sure Amy Williams will get it. @Drakebulldog93 we might not be UConn and I wouldn't want to be but Lisa's recruiting is on the upswing. Getting to the Sweet 16 is huge for recruiting and we've got a chance to get there if they move us off the 8/9 bracket. In fact barring injuries we stand a very good chance to surpass Sweet 16. As far as Maryland the B1G is catching up with them and it's going to be hard for them from here on out. The B1G overall are recruiting top notch recruits not just Maryland. Anyway Maryland is finding out it's pretty hard to have injuries and just cruise through the conference. Ohio St. loses 5 seniors of which 4 are starters. They use the transfer route to get their players anymore. Anyway U Conn didn't win the Championship last year and they just might not win it this year. U Conn only goes 6 deep. Most of the time the starters play the entire first quarter before 1 is substituted out. Their strangle hold is slipping. Women's basketball is on the upswing with a lot of talent across the U.S. and teams like USF have almost an entire team of international players. Women's basketball is changing.

You can say that....but who went 0 in the loss column again this season.

You can say that....but who went 0 in the loss column again this season.
Yes you are correct. I'd have to look up their schedule but there's quite a few games where they squeaked out wins. The conference they play in distorts their wins something awful. It would be like Iowa playing in a league with all division 3 teams. Now if they played in a legitimate conference and get the crap beat out of them the whole year it would be different. That's the weakness U Conn has. They do not like physical games. They are strictly a finess team. Perimeter oriented at that. I will say year in year out they have crazy good perimeter shooters. It's uncanny the percentage they have. The ranks are closing.

I have been impressed by how the staff has been able to scheme Gustafson consistent looks even though stopping her is

I think Bluder is awesome, but their recruiting has left a lot to be desired lately (although much of that is bad luck).

They had an all-time great in Disterhoft with almost no help in the class above her (Till and Peschel), very little within her class (Kastanek), and not enough in the class below (Coley has finally had a really good year this year, but it took her awhile to build to this point). They lost 3 potentially useful bodies from this senior class in Jennings (transfer), Mohns (never the same after repeated knee injuries/surgeries) and Buttenham (concussions).

Now they have another all-timer in Gustafson, and if they could just surround her with shooters, they would be unstoppable. But they only have one shooter who other teams fear in Meyer, and then some streaky-types (Sevilian and Doyle). The Davis injury was huge, I am very impressed they have been so successful in her absence. But doesn't that seem like a recruiting issue when there is NO depth at all behind her?

I wonder if Jinaya Houston would have contributed this year had she not decided to quit?

I have been impressed by how the staff has been able to scheme Gustafson consistent looks even though stopping her is

I think Bluder is awesome, but their recruiting has left a lot to be desired lately (although much of that is bad luck).

They had an all-time great in Disterhoft with almost no help in the class above her (Till and Peschel), very little within her class (Kastanek), and not enough in the class below (Coley has finally had a really good year this year, but it took her awhile to build to this point). They lost 3 potentially useful bodies from this senior class in Jennings (transfer), Mohns (never the same after repeated knee injuries/surgeries) and Buttenham (concussions).

Now they have another all-timer in Gustafson, and if they could just surround her with shooters, they would be unstoppable. But they only have one shooter who other teams fear in Meyer, and then some streaky-types (Sevilian and Doyle). The Davis injury was huge, I am very impressed they have been so successful in her absence. But doesn't that seem like a recruiting issue when there is NO depth at all behind her?

I wonder if Jinaya Houston would have contributed this year had she not decided to quit?
I take it you haven't heard of incoming recruit Tomi Taiwo. This young lady might just surprise a lot of Hawk fans next year. This year was a bad year because of the transfers and Jinaya just up and left the Hawks high and dry. All you can do is recruit the players but that doesn't mean it's all going to work out for one reason or another. The Hawks were snake bitten this year so hopefully with the 4 recruits coming in next year things will turn around. Injuries sink a lot of programs but at least the Hawks have enough still playing to get it done.

Not to be s downer, but ex G this is the worst 3 pt shooting them in the Big Ten last 2 years. One game guards were 4 of 22 overall.

Am going to tourney this week expect 2 wins and maybe best Ohio State again.

Not to be s downer, but ex G this is the worst 3 pt shooting them in the Big Ten last 2 years. One game guards were 4 of 22 overall.

Am going to tourney this week expect 2 wins and maybe best Ohio State again.
Wish I could go! I'm jealous!

Latest posts