Linebackers - No Grad Transfers Out There

WinOneThisCentury

I know we have scoured the JUCO ranks, walkons and the '18 recruiting class...but just curious if there has been any mention of possible grad trannies out there. I'm sure word is out that Iowa is looking for help at LB.

Typically if I kid is a mid-year grad transfer, like Tyler Wiegers, they move before the second semester starts. There’s another batch of GTs that will come available in May. Ryan Boyle will fall into this category.

Schools can’t contact these guys until they graduate. Players do put feelers out through family or friends though. That happened with Rudock. I have not heard of any late LB GTs at this point but we probably won’t hear about it until May or June. That’s when James Butler and Matt Quarells surfaced.

Missing out on Honas might end up being a big thorn in Kirks side this year without a lot of experience coming back at LB. historically, Kirk teams haven't fared super well with inexperienced LBs

Typically if I kid is a mid-year grad transfer, like Tyler Wiegers, they move before the second semester starts. There’s another batch of GTs that will come available in May. Ryan Boyle will fall into this category.

Schools can’t contact these guys until they graduate. Players do put feelers out through family or friends though. That happened with Rudock. I have not heard of any late LB GTs at this point but we probably won’t hear about it until May or June. That’s when James Butler and Matt Quarells surfaced.

So has Boyle decided to move on?

Latest posts