Line Up Changes

Teddy

Will we see lineup revisions when the boys return? The current lineup does not work well without a ball handler. Bowen and Harding can both fill that role well.

As much as I was in on Bowen and I think he still can develop and will, he's not providing much for Iowa out on the floor at the current and we need scoring. Now, I know Harding wouldn't be considered a "scorer" but I think he's proven that he can get the ball to players in positions who can score. If Bowen transfers out, so be it, but Harding should start IMO

As much as I was in on Bowen and I think he still can develop and will, he's not providing much for Iowa out on the floor at the current and we need scoring. Now, I know Harding wouldn't be considered a "scorer" but I think he's proven that he can get the ball to players in positions who can score. If Bowen transfers out, so be it, but Harding should start IMO
I like Bowen. I like Harding more. But there will be das we need Bowens speed and driving ability. Just my humble opinion

I like Bowen. I like Harding more. But there will be das we need Bowens speed and driving ability. Just my humble opinion
I would prefer to start Desonte and bring Patrick off the bench. He's in his 7th season and he is not a reliable shooter, is a poor rebounder, and consuming time where younger players could produce more per minute played.

I would keep either Desonte or Brock on the floor every minute. Tell 'em to run as hard as they can during their minutes. The rest of the guys on the floor will have to just run faster. They are the PGs so let them do the PG things.

Watching Desonte and Brock run the 40 against the rest of the team would be good entertainment. Love to see which is faster and how much faster they are than the rest of the team. Those two boys are fast.​

I would prefer to start Desonte and bring Patrick off the bench. He's in his 7th season and he is not a reliable shooter, is a poor rebounder, and consuming time where younger players could produce more per minute played.

I would keep either Desonte or Brock on the floor every minute. Tell 'em to run as hard as they can during their minutes. The rest of the guys on the floor will have to just run faster. They are the PGs so let them do the PG things.

Watching Desonte and Brock run the 40 against the rest of the team would be good entertainment. Love to see which is faster and how much faster they are than the rest of the team. Those two boys are fast.​
The lineup with Perkins a true off-guard and main scorer playing PG was never going to work. Fran is trying to play Patrick as a point-forward but it's not working. Drive to wing, jump-stop, pass to wing or drive and throw up a off-balance shot. Opponents got that figured out. Small lineup pushing the ball because the big lineup can't and they don't rebound either, is the only option. If I hear one more time how good Patrick is at the top of the press because he's 6'9 I'm going to puke. Tell me in what game he deflected or stole the ball because I can't remember. PLAY the young guys it's a rebuilding year anyway. Brock might be the best guard on the team who is playing underrated D. He doesn't take plays off sulking or complaining to the refs.

The lineup with Perkins a true off-guard and main scorer playing PG was never going to work. Fran is trying to play Patrick as a point-forward but it's not working. Drive to wing, jump-stop, pass to wing or drive and throw up an off-balance shot. Opponents got that figured out. Small lineup pushing the ball because the big lineup can't and they don't rebound either, is the only option. If I hear one more time how good Patrick is at the top of the press because he's 6'9 I'm going to puke. Tell me in what game he deflected or stole the ball because I can't remember. PLAY the young guys it's a rebuilding year anyway. Brock might be the best guard on the team who is playing underrated D. He doesn't take plays off sulking or complaining to the refs.
I guess your view is your view. But I think you are way off on PM.

When Iowa plays inferior teams such as NIU we can put any lineup on the floor and succeed. These early cupcake games validates Fran's decision to go with the taller, slower lineups. Eventually this mindset hurts Iowa when we begin to play better teams especially defensively being able to stay with quicker players and closeout on shooters after dribble penetration. We also see it offensively where our perimeter players can't shake defenders and can't get clean looks. We have good shooters, but they cannot create for themselves on quicker defenders. This is why Brock and Bowen need more minutes. They are both quick players who provide instant perimeter defense (if you say brock isn't a defender, then go back and watch some games). Harding also creates a lot of offense via his vision and Bowen is a good slashing guard. Both of these players would offer the dynamics that Iowa is going to need to be successful this year. We'll see if Fran sees it that way. If not, we are going to get brutalized in the big 10

Latest posts