Linderbaum

I think he should go get paid and I bet the coaches are telling him he’s ready for the NFL. He is being projected to be a mid first round pick, that’s a lot of dough. But money doesn’t motivate everyone, at the end of the day it’s his decision. From my fan perspective he’d sure make our offensive line look better for next year.

Not going to the NFL would be a terrible move for him assuming his goal is to play pro ball. If he doesn't want to play pro ball, he should negotiate a deal to grad transfer to Standford and get a tuition guaranteed MBA from them. Either way, there is no way he should be at Iowa next year.

After winning the Remington award, he has done just about everything he can individually as a player. With a million dollar job waiting for him, this seems like a no-brainer.

Not sure if he has degree yet, but he can always finish that later if that's important to him. Idk, some kids just enjoy their college friends and the whole college experience, and money does not seem that important to him.

I guess he can cherish those memories, but later in life, he may wish he had that money he passed up.

Now that college kids can make money, it's a lot easier for guys to come back if they want to.

What’s your source? Don’t need names obviously but support your claim. Uncle, employer, donor, coach?

Unless the source is within 4 degrees of consanguinity of someone in a chain of at least 3rd person removed hearsay then I don't deem it reliable.

Example: I heard from my cousin that he heard from someone at Hillcrest who knew Linderbaum's girlfriend's sister's friend's brother that Linderbaum has said he is thinking about coming back.

That has like 4 layers of hearsay and some close family relations with sisters, brothers and cousins so I would deem it reliable.

It could be as simple as this...it may be a dream come true to to play ball for his Hawkeyes, and to just be a college kid...money doesn't drive everyone...good on Tyler if he comes back to continue to fulfill his dream. And, degrees from Stanford, albeit a damn nice degree, doesn't necessarily drive all folks, either...

Unless the source is within 4 degrees of consanguinity of someone in a chain of at least 3rd person removed hearsay then I don't deem it reliable.

Example: I heard from my cousin that he heard from someone at Hillcrest who knew Linderbaum's girlfriend's sister's friend's brother that Linderbaum has said he is thinking about coming back.

That has like 4 layers of hearsay and some close family relations with sisters, brothers and cousins so I would deem it reliable.
Less lawyer speak, more rank speculation.

People need to stop trying to decide what is best for Lindy and other student athletes.
No one but Tyler knows what is going on in his head right now. No one knows what he truly values most.

I hope he makes his decision and doesn't look back at it to play the what if game. I hope he just plants his foot and firmly moves into the direction he wants.

Money does not buy happiness, but it can make things easier. Everything we know about Tyler makes me think he will be successful in life no matter what.

Choose whatever makes you happiest Tyler.

Obviously he's still trying to make up his mind. If it was easy for him he'd have already. What's crazy is if say he decides to come back there will be a segment of fans that'll be vocal about it being the 'wrong' move for him to be doing.

I would think if he goes pro those who would be against that would be a much smaller group. But no matter what he does it'll be 'wrong' I mean a decision like that is only wrong once you know the future. Till then it's what makes you happy. That's all any of us can base our decisions on.

Also, as 40-65 year old guys who aren't millionaires (except for @RobHowe ) our brains tell us to get the money. 21 year old minds work differently, at least mine did. At that age you want to be with your buddies and brothers playing ball and you also feel like you'll live forever. Most of us have 20-30 ish years left total, so things are different.

Also, sometimes the situation of the family can make a difference too. I've heard a couple different times that Austin Blythe's family is super wealthy, so even though he gets paid big bucks, it wasn't like he was going to be hurting if he didn't make it. Beathard, Garza, same kinda thing. I have zero clue what Linderbaum deals with family wise and it's none of my business.

That said, I kinda hope he goes to the league and makes bazillions right away just because of what happened the other day. When I saw him lying on the ground my stomach dropped. I won't fault him either way because that'd be stupid.

Obviously he's still trying to make up his mind. If it was easy for him he'd have already. What's crazy is if say he decides to come back there will be a segment of fans that'll be vocal about it being the 'wrong' move for him to be doing.

I would think if he goes pro those who would be against that would be a much smaller group. But no matter what he does it'll be 'wrong' I mean a decision like that is only wrong once you know the future. Till then it's what makes you happy. That's all any of us can base our decisions on.

Nah, bruh, if you have aspirations to play pro and you are a first round NFL pick or a lottery NBA pick and you don't leave you are flat out wrong. Now again, I will concede there are dudes who don't want to play pro, that's fine, but if your goal is to play pro and you don't strike while the iron is hot, you are simply wrong. There are coaches like the guy who talked Sullinger at Ohio out of going into the draft and those sorts of people are morally reprehensible. I guess I could see one other situation to stay and that is where you are the consensus number 1 and you will refuse to play for the team with the #1 pick like Bo Jackson refused to play for Tampa.

All guys have limited reps, but guys who are huge have even more limited reps. No sense in burning those up in college.

He needs to just take out a multi-million dollar insurance policy and he will be just fine coming back to Iowa. Someone could probably pay the premiums for the year if he does not have the cash.

Can you get an insurance policy that pays the $15-ish million signing bonus he would get as a Top 10 pick? I honestly don't know.

Hockenson wanted to come back for another year. The Iowa coaches and others explained to him what he might be passing up as a Top 10 pick. He left.

Not saying that's what Tyler will or should do. He should do what he wants to do after looking at the numbers.

Also, this is a draft void of Top-level QBs. That would change next year with Stroud and Young coming out.

Can you get an insurance policy that pays the $15-ish million signing bonus he would get as a Top 10 pick? I honestly don't know.
I suppose you probably could as long as you could pay the premium. I wonder if you'll start to see that kind of thing incorporated into NIL deals. Not paying $15 million, but people paying for insurance policies...

I believe it was Shonn Greene who said he regretted leaving early because the game was no longer a game when you go pro.

Some guys love playing college football because they "immaturely" want to play with their buddies. Some guys know that the game will never be the same kind of fun once they move forward.

I am 41 years old and in less than peak fighting shape. But if I had any eligibility left and KF called me to come on down and be Jack Campbell's personal tackling dummy but I would have to give up my cushy 9-5 job. Well, shit, I'd ask him where I needed to fax my letter of intent to.

Latest posts