Lincoln Star Journal says Fred Hoiberg has been hired

The ability to go into a recruits house and say I’ve played and coached in the NBA and I know what it takes and can get you there cannot be overlooked.

Damm I can't believe he's going slumming at Nebby. Big Ten is a different animal than Iowa State though, academic standards and transfer rules going to make it a lot tougher to replicate what he did there.

Damm I can't believe he's going slumming at Nebby. Big Ten is a different animal than Iowa State though, academic standards and transfer rules going to make it a lot tougher to replicate what he did there.

Not sure about this. Many Big 10 schools have higher academic standards than ISU, but not Nebraska or Iowa .

Ah yes the academically moral Big Ten. Home to upstanding clean programs like Penn State and Michigan State.

If a top prospect or transfer wants to go to any team in the conference with maybe the exception of Northwestern, they would get in regardless of academics.

Last edited:
Not sure about this. Many Big 10 schools have higher academic standards than ISU, but not Nebraska or Iowa .
Actually, Iowa does have higher standards than ISU. Higher for out of state students and hard minimum on RAI at Iowa. ISU will allow exceptions if they're below minimum. Not sure on Nebraska, though.

Actually, Iowa does have higher standards than ISU. Higher for out of state students and hard minimum on RAI at Iowa. ISU will allow exceptions if they're below minimum. Not sure on Nebraska, though.

Again maybe for an ordinary student. If you are a five star high school stud basketball player who wants to come to Iowa, Nebraska or any school, you would be accepted regardless of your academics.

Iowa has no business bragging about academic standards. There are a few Big Programs where standards can be a problem including of all places....IL the land of corruption.

There are about 4 tiers of Big standards on students in general. Iowa is solidly in the lower 3rd. Nebby of course is in the 4th tier. Iowa is not academically prestigious. Lori Laughlin could have saved some money.

The flip side is that it does provide opportunities for most anyone to get a degree. Iowa is like ahead of OK and W Va in 4 year degrees as a percentage of population.

Iowa has no business bragging about academic standards. There are a few Big Programs where standards can be a problem including of all places....IL the land of corruption.

There are about 4 tiers of Big standards on students in general. Iowa is solidly in the lower 3rd. Nebby of course is in the 4th tier. Iowa is not academically prestigious. Lori Laughlin could have saved some money.

The flip side is that it does provide opportunities for most anyone to get a degree. Iowa is like ahead of OK and W Va in 4 year degrees as a percentage of population.
Agreed. Iowa does not have what you would call high academic standards. They do have a higher qualification to get into than ISU in 2 areas, out of state RAI and below minimum RAI allowances. Someone previously mentioned that any 5-star can get into Iowa. I have nothing to say that is or is not true.

I give it three seasons and Nebraska passes Iowa in relevance.

Maybe if that happens the morons will finally quit using “well we are just little ole Iowa and we can’t recruit and compete on the B1G stage” excuse and start demanding more finally.

The guy was born in Nebraska and his grandfather coached there. I have no problems with it. The guy already is anti Iowa hawkeyes to Iowa fans.

The guy was born in Nebraska and his grandfather coached there. I have no problems with it. The guy already is anti Iowa hawkeyes to Iowa fans.

He is the Anti-Christ! You notice he only goes to places were he can wear red. Coincidence? I think not.