Lightning1

Yes, I'll be honest not sure if I am the person to compare it - but to me it seems pretty close as far as damage and road closing etc.

Damn, that sucks. I've seen photos, etc., and I have been in hurricanes, but I have never been affected by flooding, even in flat-ass Orlando.

Then again, traffic and infrastructure mismanagement is second to none down here.

Yes, I'll be honest not sure if I am the person to compare it - but to me it seems pretty close as far as damage and road closing etc.
The reason it's not getting as much attention is that this time around it's not hitting the urban areas. Instead of towns and buildings getting hit it's whole farms.

Worse in parts of Nebraska. Iowa not as bad.

The worst part is that this is just the very beginning of flood season. It isn't like this is happening in June where it'll all move out quick in July.

Is the snow-melt complete? If so, that's one thing. But if Minnesota is still snowy-frozen, things could get REAL bad downriver come April/May/June.

I just remember seeing pics/video from 2008 around IC/CR/Coralville and couldn't believe it. Is it as bad as that was?

Is the snow-melt complete? If so, that's one thing. But if Minnesota is still snowy-frozen, things could get REAL bad downriver come April/May/June.

I just remember seeing pics/video from 2008 around IC/CR/Coralville and couldn't believe it. Is it as bad as that was?

There is a learning curve on fan boards, indeed. I am sure most can relate. Remember when first starting how thin skinned one can be, even as benign as someone disagreeing with a thought or theory.

I clearly remember my first berate of a poster. I think he disagreed with me and said what I put was stupid or something. I was new and it hit my nerve. I went all "Fran McCaffery postgame ref" on he guy commenting how he needs to get out of his mother's basement and get some sun on is pale ass skin, etc. etc.. Now just take it more in stride and realize most on here are just commenting to bust on another's chops. Nothing more.

It's that junior high male relationship phase again.
Half the reason it's fun to comment is to watch people completely flip out when you give them some shit, even innocently. I avoid those kinds of people like the plague in my personal life so it's nice that I get to vicariously F with some of them. Like grand kids...you can wind them up and send them home.

Come to think of it, @proudhawkfan21 and @StanziUSA , I'm gonna consider you guys my grand kids now.

Oh, and @StanziUSA , remember, that report on Over The Back fouls is due this morning. I haven't seen it yet.

It's the snow melt in SD and ND that we have to worry about. That's not done yet.

Wow, that is Katrina-type footage.

I would urge anyone everyone who can to send just $10 to Red Cross or other disaster-relief group. Back in 2003 when I got involved with my civic club's private foundation, I heard one of the local charity/foundation honchos comment that if everyone in the US who has a checking account--I'll amend that to include a PayPal/Venmo/other--wrote a $10 check to Red Cross when the first disaster of the year occurred, we wouldn't need to raise funds for the rest of the year's disasters. In any case, I will donate and spread the word, as well.

As I knew he would. However you did great job ramming and trolling his bet down his throat for weeks on end. Good for you Lightning,

As I knew he would. However you did great job ramming and trolling his bet down his throat for weeks on end. Good for you Lightning,

oh yeah I brought it up twice on here since the bet. Just smearing it in his face. I mentioned it so little that he didn't even remember the bet a few weeks ago

b65.jpg

My dog may never recover from the 2017 O$U football game!
I have two dogs, and one of them is named Bo. I have yelled "Bo!" at the screen many times this winter with all the big shots Jordan has made, but my dog unfortunately thinks I'm yelling at him and that he's done something wrong.

I would like for him to think that several more times in the tournament.

Also a lot of snow cover in Minnesota/Northern Wisconsin, which could affect the Mississippi River. For the time being, two solid months of heavy precipitation have finally come to an end. But they are monitoring US highway 18 about five miles south of Prairie Du Chien where it crosses the Wisconsin River, which may get backed up by already high nearby Mississippi River. Sandbags have been discussed.

Also a lot of snow cover in Minnesota/Northern Wisconsin, which could affect the Mississippi River. For the time being, two solid months of heavy precipitation have finally come to an end. But they are monitoring US highway 18 about five miles south of Prairie Du Chien where it crosses the Wisconsin River, which may get backed up by already high nearby Mississippi River. Sandbags have been discussed.

Wow, sounds like it could get dicey. Good luck and Godspeed!

Half the reason it's fun to comment is to watch people completely flip out when you give them some shit, even innocently. I avoid those kinds of people like the plague in my personal life so it's nice that I get to vicariously F with some of them. Like grand kids...you can wind them up and send them home.

Come to think of it, @proudhawkfan21 and @StanziUSA , I'm gonna consider you guys my grand kids now.

Oh, and @StanziUSA , remember, that report on Over The Back fouls is due this morning. I haven't seen it yet.
Okay, now what?

Sometimes I easily get offended when people rub me wrong. Even as an ordained minister, I am not perfect and I try to respect everyone the same. I'm crazy about basketball. I wanted to be part of the group. I felt left out or isolated from you guys, I wanted to be part of this family. I refused to blame the players or the coach. Stormin Spanks knows who I am. He can tell you that I'm a good person.