@lightning1

It's about 90% punched. Still some work to do.

I would have put it at about 60/40 before tonight. Michigan's tournament resume is off the charts.

Yeah, we have 17 wins so technically, if we lose out, there would be no NCAA tournament. Of course the odds of Iowa falling apart so badly as to miss the dance appear pretty low at this point.

Huge win.

Yeah, we have 17 wins so technically, if we lose out, there would be no NCAA tournament. Of course the odds of Iowa falling apart so badly as to miss the dance appear pretty low at this point.

Huge win.

I think 3 more wins and Iowa is a lock. Obviously I’m hoping for more at this point.

I wasn't able to watch the game tonight but a really nice win!

Glad to see Kriener and Garza, the Twin Towers 2.0 do well.

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/bohannon-stats.82517/page-8

@lightning1

You said 0% chance at the dance and I trolled you into a pretty bad bet. You honestly don’t know dick about basketball. That’s ok, either do I. It’s ok, no one is perfect and no one can predict the future. I know most teams mature under good coaching, something you have no clue in how to indentify. I believe you follow the game closely and respect a lot of your takes, but sometimes you’re so over the top it’s easy to prey on. Fran isn’t perfect, not many coaches are. Nobodies an expert.

Last edited:
https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/bohannon-stats.82517/page-8

@lightning1

You said 0% chance at the dance and I trolled you into a pretty bad bet. You honestly don’t know dick about basketball. That’s ok, either do I. It’s ok, no one is perfect and no one can predict the future. I know most teams mature under good coaching, something you have no clue in how to indentify. I believe you follow the game closely and respect a lot of your takes, but sometimes you’re so over the top it’s easy to prey on. Fran isn’t perfect, not many coaches are. Nobodies an expert.
And now you're just being a dick.
Started out this thread in petty good taste, friendly banter, respectful....
But no. Fail.

But no. Fail.
I wasn’t trying to be a dick or disrespectful. Context would help. When looking at what Lightning1 has said to me over 8 or 9 years on this website, this is about as respectful as it can get from my end. I have a major respect for him, he for me, not so much.

I thought the three pointer by Kriener about midway through the first half really got him, and the team, going. He was a little sideways early on.
Yup no doubt. I thought Garzas 3 in the 2nd half was the tide turning play. Michigan had cut lead to 5 and the momentum had clearly swung their way and Garza said nope not today! From that point on it was pretty much academic.

I’m becoming a believer, I owe Windsor beer if Iowa wins 12 in the B10.

I’ll pay it with a smile.

12 Big Ten wins is still light years away and I still don’t see it happening. Iowa Played well but Michigan was absolutely atrocious last night..

12 Big Ten wins is still light years away and I still don’t see it happening. Iowa Played well but Michigan was absolutely atrocious last night..

I still have some doubts as well but last nights win at least made it possible. I look at the upcoming schedule and I can see where they can get 6 more wins. The problem is to get there they will have to win some on the road while taking care of the home court.

But no. Fail.

He isn't acting like a dick, he is acting like a guy who was right and now everyone else was busting his ball all off season and early season get to hear about it. Ain't nothing wrong with a victory lap.

I wasn’t trying to be a dick or disrespectful. Context would help. When looking at what Lightning1 has said to me over 8 or 9 years on this website, this is about as respectful as it can get from my end. I have a major respect for him, he for me, not so much.

You did take a bit of a dick turn on that last post. Probably could have used a proof read to get the tone right. It happens to the best of us.

He isn't acting like a dick, he is acting like a guy who was right and now everyone else was busting his ball all off season and early season get to hear about it. Ain't nothing wrong with a victory lap.

Not gonna lie, it feels good. It is a victory lap in a sense, but to be honest, I never really thought I was "right" and still don't. I just really thought a lot of posters on here where wrong and being over dramatically unfair due to a drastically bad season that was clouding their thoughts. That's ok because that same doubt crept into my line of thinking too. Some of the posters on here were starting to turn my opinion. But, my stance was that Fran had built enough good will with me and that I wanted to provide him the opportunity to right a wrong. To fix the mess he created. To lie in the bed he made. I wasn't going to turn on him and the kids at the first opportunity that presented itself. They had proven more to me than I think most of the posters on here. I also believe that failure is a HUGE ingredient in success.

I predicted a huge shift this season if you guys will recall. That doesn't mean I was right. It means, I just enjoy reading into things a little closer than making a blanket judgement and calling all the players crap. Sometimes there's more to it then stats and stars. I think the overseas things are horrible for Iowa. I'm convinced of it. I think it's too much hoops. It burns them out. By the time they go through the PTL, the trip, the practices and the season, they just don't have any more left in the bank mentally as the year wears on. Stumble and it can be taxing physically and mentally. I am all about burn out and what it will do to a performance. I also think that players take on their coaches persona. When things are going good, they are great - playing great, doing great, unbeatable and unstoppable. When things go bad, they can also snow ball uncontrollably. I had a lot of confidence in that swing back to the good side of things happening this year. Fran was left short when a player transferred, his son was his back up plan and he didn't plan on his son getting injured and sick. Last year likely would have still been a disappointment, but IMO, it would have looked differently record wise with a healthy Connor Mac. But honestly, it was one of the youngest teams in the sport - sometimes it takes time at a program like Iowa that doesn't recruit 4 and 5 star kids to click, mature and develop.

I knew I was watching a team full of Frosh and Soph's - without a senior leader. What has been Iowa's recipe for success since Fran has got here? At least one alpha Senior leader. There wasn't one last season. Last year, Iowa was a mess in all regards and I put that all on Fran, and it goes into my assessment with him and the program. But people had given up on Moss. Some people said Garza had already peaked, was too slow to get better. Some said he had bad footwork and lacked the talent to get better at it. That take made me laugh then just as hard as it does now. Ryan Kriener wasn't a B1G quality of player. Connor wasn't a B1G quality player. I am glad things are back on track, but now I am gonna want more. Iowa basketball needs some sort of accomplishment to keep me hanging on with more hope. A sweet 16, a conference or tournament title would pretty much put "da haters" to bed in the next 2 seasons.

I'm not so much caught up in being "right" - I am more caught up in keeping some posters in check about being drastically wrong. I love this site and love the Hawks. I also consider myself to be rational and feel like I can call a spade a spade. I like Lightning1 - we've had some epic battles and he typically gets mad at me and throws insults to which I tend to battle back with sarcasm. Mostly because I don't think he's completely off base on everything, just a lot of things. I also think he has a lot of knowledge for the game. If you think I am being a dick, you are probably right, but please take into consideration that some of these guys were extremely dramatic and rude to me for having my stance and always have been. That's ok, I am a big boy and can take it. I can also fire back. I try and be respectful to my fellow posters. If Iowa loses on Thursday, I won't be screaming for Fran's head because I've watched college hoops for 30 years and understand the ebbs and flows of a season. I'll be attending game in Lincoln next month as well as the B1G tournament. I can't wait. I love you guys and coming on here to discuss Iowa hoops.

Not gonna lie, it feels good. It is a victory lap in a sense, but to be honest, I never really thought I was "right" and still don't. I just really thought a lot of posters on here where wrong and being over dramatically unfair due to a drastically bad season that was clouding their thoughts. That's ok because that same doubt crept into my line of thinking too. Some of the posters on here were starting to turn my opinion. But, my stance was that Fran had built enough good will with me and that I wanted to provide him the opportunity to right a wrong. To fix the mess he created. To lie in the bed he made. I wasn't going to turn on him and the kids at the first opportunity that presented itself. They had proven more to me than I think most of the posters on here. I also believe that failure is a HUGE ingredient in success.

I predicted a huge shift this season if you guys will recall. That doesn't mean I was right. It means, I just enjoy reading into things a little closer than making a blanket judgement and calling all the players crap. Sometimes there's more to it then stats and stars. I think the overseas things are horrible for Iowa. I'm convinced of it. I think it's too much hoops. It burns them out. By the time they go through the PTL, the trip, the practices and the season, they just don't have any more left in the bank mentally as the year wears on. Stumble and it can be taxing physically and mentally. I am all about burn out and what it will do to a performance. I also think that players take on their coaches persona. When things are going good, they are great - playing great, doing great, unbeatable and unstoppable. When things go bad, they can also snow ball uncontrollably. I had a lot of confidence in that swing back to the good side of things happening this year. Fran was left short when a player transferred, his son was his back up plan and he didn't plan on his son getting injured and sick. Last year likely would have still been a disappointment, but IMO, it would have looked differently record wise with a healthy Connor Mac. But honestly, it was one of the youngest teams in the sport - sometimes it takes time at a program like Iowa that doesn't recruit 4 and 5 star kids to click, mature and develop.

I knew I was watching a team full of Frosh and Soph's - without a senior leader. What has been Iowa's recipe for success since Fran has got here? At least one alpha Senior leader. There wasn't one last season. Last year, Iowa was a mess in all regards and I put that all on Fran, and it goes into my assessment with him and the program. But people had given up on Moss. Some people said Garza had already peaked, was too slow to get better. Some said he had bad footwork and lacked the talent to get better at it. That take made me laugh then just as hard as it does now. Ryan Kriener wasn't a B1G quality of player. Connor wasn't a B1G quality player. I am glad things are back on track, but now I am gonna want more. Iowa basketball needs some sort of accomplishment to keep me hanging on with more hope. A sweet 16, a conference or tournament title would pretty much put "da haters" to bed in the next 2 seasons.

I'm not so much caught up in being "right" - I am more caught up in keeping some posters in check about being drastically wrong. I love this site and love the Hawks. I also consider myself to be rational and feel like I can call a spade a spade. I like Lightning1 - we've had some epic battles and he typically gets mad at me and throws insults to which I tend to battle back with sarcasm. Mostly because I don't think he's completely off base on everything, just a lot of things. I also think he has a lot of knowledge for the game. If you think I am being a dick, you are probably right, but please take into consideration that some of these guys were extremely dramatic and rude to me for having my stance and always have been. That's ok, I am a big boy and can take it. I can also fire back. I try and be respectful to my fellow posters. If Iowa loses on Thursday, I won't be screaming for Fran's head because I've watched college hoops for 30 years and understand the ebbs and flows of a season. I'll be attending game in Lincoln next month as well as the B1G tournament. I can't wait. I love you guys and coming on here to discuss Iowa hoops.

Love the attitude, love the passion. Most importantly I love how this season's been going and love proving, as of this moment, I was wrong. What I love most of all though is how quickly this could come back to bite you if things take a turn...All jokes aside though you deserve your moment, it couldn't have been easy staying as upbeat as you've been for so long.

Latest posts