Life after Ferentz

My thoughts are also along this line. He will need to have HC experience by then though. Don't think they will consider someone who hasn't had it. If Ferentz leaves within 5 years though, Bob will be the #1 candidate and I believe he would strongly consider it.

within 5 years, Bob should be #1, but more importantly, I'd want KF to be able to have some input.

I want Bobby stoops now. Or urban Meyer. I like playing for championships, not hoping one day to be in the rose bowl. Bowlsby dropped the ball when Bobby said how much you paying.

In ten years Bob Stoops will be 61 and Mike will be 60

I don't think anyone is advocating we hire Mike (too insane on the sidelines for our taste). Bob has only been suggested in the event that Ferentz retires within the next 5 years, in which case Bob would be just 56 or younger.

However, I'm with Mark Stoops, who is the youngest of the brothers (he's 44).

My guess is that Iowa's next coach is probably already on the staff. Eric Johnson is a coordinator who has been around for a while. Still relatively early in his career, lot of enthusiasm, recruiting coordinator, buys into the Iowa/KF system.

I want Bobby stoops now. Or urban Meyer. I like playing for championships, not hoping one day to be in the rose bowl. Bowlsby dropped the ball when Bobby said how much you paying.

Get over it, it's Iowa. Iowa's chances of winning the national title are slim & none.

After you read this article you will be amazed at how well Iowa competes in the Big Ten. It is a fascinating article.

Big Ten Turf War - Omaha.com

Iowa has no recruiting base. By far & away Iowa produces fewer Big Ten football players than any other state in the Big Ten. From 2002 to the 20011 recruiting class only 55 Iowa kids signed a letter of intent with a Big Ten School. In contrast, Minnesota, the second worst state in the Big Ten, produced almost sixty percent more Big Ten football players than Iowa in the same ten years.

As you will see below, Florida produced almost four times as many Big Ten football players as Iowa.

Look at Jake Rudock. He was the starting quarterback at St. Thomas Aquinas in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. Thomas Aquinas was the No. 1 high school team in the country last year. However, Florida & Florida State didn't even recruit him. Miami only came into the picture very late after the change in coaches.

Look at Stanzi & Hyde. They ended up at Iowa because they weren't considered good enough players to be recruited by Ohio State

WHERE DO BIG TEN PLAYERS COME FROM?

INSIDE THE CONFERENCE FOOTPRINT
Ohio 410
Illinois 253
Michigan 219
Pennsylvania 158
Indiana 130
Wisconsin 96
Minnesota 87
Iowa 55

OUTSIDE THE CONFERENCE FOOTPRINT
Florida 209
Texas 133
California 88
New Jersey 85
Georgia 59

(From 2002-11; Nebraska players excluded)

Sorry, to burst your bubble. But it's Iowa. Hayden & Ferentz have probably done better than any other coach in the country over the last thirty years considering the demographics.

It truly is amazing that the Hawks have fought tooth & nail with O$U the last two years. The Bucks can win the national title without ever leaving Ohio to recruit players. Plus, they can go into Florida & recruit players Florida, Florida State & Miami recruit.

Like I've always said, Iowa is closer to nineteen consecutive non-winning seasons than it is to the national championship.

When you look at the numbers, it is truly phenominal what Iowa has accomplished over the last thirty years.

The travesty, is that Iowa has not won a title in basketball since '79. Iowa's last title in basketball was before Hayden ever coached a game at Iowa.

You're going to take some abuse for that post, Colombo, but I give you props for putting it together.
Duck & cover now, bud.

You're probably talking about something that is so far from happening that I really don't see the point in discussing it.

+1. Dumb thread. Prediction: the next Iowa coach is not even known or on anyone's radar at this moment.

You're going to take some abuse for that post, Colombo, but I give you props for putting it together.
Duck & cover now, bud.

Hey, I want Iowa to win a national title as much as the next guy. But, I am also a realist. Iowa fans have been spoiled by Hayden & Ferentz. I get upset about last year. However, unlike so many on this board, I remember most of the lean years.

Also, unlike so many others on this board, I remember Big Ten titles in basketball. I remember when Iowa was a basketball school. Sam Williams, John Johnson, Freddie Brown & Ronnie Lester.

Most of the people think Tom Davis is the greatest thing in Iowa basketball. Look at Jon Miller, he thinks Davis was great. Davis is the principle reason for the demise of the Iowa basketball. He couldn't even hold Ralph's or Lute's jock.

Let's face it. Unless you are at least fifty, you are clueless to the '68, '70, '79 & '80 basketball seasons. Personally, the '70 basketball season is the greatest season in Iowa sports. What a tremendous joy they were to follow. It was the most magical of all Iowa sports seasons. Still, to this day, the most devasting loss in Iowa history was the loss to Jacksonville in the NCAA tournament.

I'm not sure who I would want as the next head coach 10 years or so from now, but I do know I don't want Barta making the hire.

Get over it, it's Iowa. Iowa's chances of winning the national title are slim & none.

After you read this article you will be amazed at how well Iowa competes in the Big Ten. It is a fascinating article.

Iowa has no recruiting base. By far & away Iowa produces fewer Big Ten football players than any other state in the Big Ten. From 2002 to the 20011 recruiting class only 55 Iowa kids signed a letter of intent with a Big Ten School. In contrast, Minnesota, the second worst state in the Big Ten, produced almost sixty percent more Big Ten football players than Iowa in the same ten years.

As you will see below, Florida produced almost four times as many Big Ten football players as Iowa.

Look at Jake Rudock. He was the starting quarterback at St. Thomas Aquinas in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. Thomas Aquinas was the No. 1 high school team in the country last year. However, Florida & Florida State didn't even recruit him. Miami only came into the picture very late after the change in coaches.

Look at Stanzi & Hyde. They ended up at Iowa because they weren't considered good enough players to be recruited by Ohio State

Ohio 410
Illinois 253
Michigan 219
Pennsylvania 158
Indiana 130
Wisconsin 96
Minnesota 87
Iowa 55

Florida 209
Texas 133
California 88
New Jersey 85
Georgia 59

Sorry, to burst your bubble. But it's Iowa. Hayden & Ferentz have probably done better than any other coach in the country over the last thirty years considering the demographics.

It truly is amazing that the Hawks have fought tooth & nail with O$U the last two years. The Bucks can win the national title without ever leaving Ohio to recruit players. Plus, they can go into Florida & recruit players Florida, Florida State & Miami recruit.

Like I've always said, Iowa is closer to nineteen consecutive non-winning seasons than it is to the national championship.

When you look at the numbers, it is truly phenominal what Iowa has accomplished over the last thirty years.

The travesty, is that Iowa has not won a title in basketball since '79. Iowa's last title in basketball was before Hayden ever coached a game at Iowa.

Guess I will be the obligatory guy to step in. 2002 and 2009 just called and said you're full of ****. On top of that, by your logic Nebraska should have never won any titles.

Ohio 410
Illinois 253
Michigan 219
Pennsylvania 158
Indiana 130
Wisconsin 96
Minnesota 87
Iowa 55

Florida 209
Texas 133
California 88
New Jersey 85
Georgia 59

Might as well not even try. **** it, let's all go be OSU, Okie, Florida, USC, Auburn, Bama, texas fans...

Latest posts