Lick just said on post game

Dolph asked when he would get together with his staff and talk about the future, Lick said that is Gary Barta's call.

Jon, I think there needs to be an important clarifier here. Dolph clearly threw Barta's name in when he asked when he would sit down with his staff and Barta. I don't have the exact quote but if someone recorded the post-game show you should be able to get it.

That said, Todd's response seemed to be all about meeting with Barta. And his statement to the effect of "I only take care of me" sure suggests there's something going on.

I also thought it was interesting that I rarely heard him use "we" when talking about the Iowa players.

Sorry, I just started another thread on this but Jon's fast-fingers already got it going.

I will add an additional quote TL made in the same reply to Dolph:

" ... I only take care of me."

Perhaps he is going to shun the "health" strategy and go for the buyout?
I found that odd too. Does he mean he is just looking out for #1 or does he mean its out of his hands now and theres nothing he can do about it?

Here's what I'm finding very interesting in the past 15 minutes:

1) Barta makes no mention of Lickliter in his three-line statement about evaluating the future of the program.

2) When asked about meeting with his staff AND Barta, Lickliter quickly focuses it on Barta and says it's up to him, and adds "I only take care of me."

Sounds to me like the buyout amount and terms aren't settled yet.

I also found Cully Payne's strong defense of Lickliter during his post-game interview with Bobby Hansen interesting. Although I know changes are always difficult on the players, and some times those things can be resolved.

2) When asked about meeting with his staff AND Barta, Lickliter quickly focuses it on Barta and says it's up to him, and adds "I only take care of me."

This is reasonable and entirely possible.

At this point, it's time to move on. It didn't work for Lickliter at Iowa. Much of it his fault, a portion of it beyond his control.

1) Barta makes no mention of Lickliter in his three-line statement about evaluating the future of the program.

I also found Cully Payne's strong defense of Lickliter during his post-game interview with Bobby Hansen interesting. Although I know changes are always difficult on the players, and some times those things can be resolved.

It looked like to me Cully Payne was one of the only players playing for his coach today. Sure everyone today played hard but Payne played at an entirely different level today.

Latest posts