Liam Robbins - Did Iowa not want him?

His uncle is an assistant coach for MN. That and he looked over to Iowa City and saw a 7 footer there waiting in the wings to take over for Garza, already.

His uncle is an assistant coach for MN. That and he looked over to Iowa City and saw a 7 footer there waiting in the wings to take over for Garza, already.
That shouldn't have stopped him, guys like Robbins find their way on to the court.

From wikipedia:

Robbins played sparingly in his first three years at Assumption High School in Davenport, Iowa. He entered the starting lineup as a senior, averaging 9.2 points per game.[1] Robbins had no NCAA Division I scholarship offers out of high school and reclassified to attend Sunrise Christian Academy in Bel Aire, Kansas. He weighed about 300 lbs (136 kg) when he arrived at Sunrise but reached a weight of 235 lbs (107 kg) after four months by fasting and working out.[2] On April 17, 2018, he committed to play college basketball for Drake.

Yeah I didn't think anybody wanted him out of HS he did the reclassifying deal and Drake was happy to have him. Hell he probably wishes he'd stayed there look at the yr they are having... But yeah between Garza and Nunge and then the Ogundele kid from England we got he probably didn't look too hard at us. But he's a dang good player that hasn't reached his ceiling yet. He'll be dang good before he's done. Assuming Pitino doesn't mess him all up..

Is this sarcastic or are you for real? We just played against him Sunday.
Add into that, that he's started at Drake and transferred from there to Minny.

My wife is from Davenport and played against his mom back in the day. He was a late blossom and really got much better after he shed 80 lbs. So, he prob wasn't in the best shape coming out of HS. He either lost weight heading into Drake or shed pounds there as a freshman. I'm not sure, but he developed a nice game and was productive at Drake. His uncle is an assistant coach at Minny.

My first thought when he went to Minny was, uh oh for Drake but they have more than weathered the storm. Matt Gatens interviewed on the hawkfanatic podcast and said they wish Liam well at Minnesota. They can say they improved his game, he moved on and so did they, win-win for both.

My first thought when he went to Minny was, uh oh for Drake but they have more than weathered the storm. Matt Gatens interviewed on the hawkfanatic podcast and said they wish Liam well at Minnesota. They can say they improved his game, he moved on and so did they, win-win for both.
It still sucks for Drake, yes they are still really good but imagine how much better they would be if they still had Liam. Drake would be as talented as they’ve been since the early 70s.

I don't know that we need to put Robbins on some pedestal of high achievement. He did have 10 points and 6 boards against the hawks but he was only 3-10 from the field, although he did make his only 3 while he did have 4 fouls. He seemed to have his biggest impact early in the game but then Luka went to work and pretty much had his way. I don't know that I see Robbins as NBA material but he is a 7 footer so maybe an outside Shot.

Someone should hide your bong for a few days...gives you a completely different memory experience.
Well I don't smoke weed but yeah I guess I am an idiot on that one! Usually I am pretty sharp but missed that one! Did he play much in that game cause I don't really remember him at all?

Well I don't smoke weed but yeah I guess I am an idiot on that one! Usually I am pretty sharp but missed that one! Did he play much in that game cause I don't really remember him at all?
He was the big guy that started and matched up with Garza most the game.

I don't know that we need to put Robbins on some pedestal of high achievement. He did have 10 points and 6 boards against the hawks but he was only 3-10 from the field, although he did make his only 3 while he did have 4 fouls. He seemed to have his biggest impact early in the game but then Luka went to work and pretty much had his way. I don't know that I see Robbins as NBA material but he is a 7 footer so maybe an outside Shot.
I think the plan was to make him run the floor. By the second media timeouts Luka was beating him down the floor and Bo was finding him.

Latest posts