Levar Woods new DC???

If that is true why wouldn't they have announced Parker as the new DC right away?

why the angst of when it is 'officially announced'? i'm guessing the people who need to know, know. just like the reference of the 'fallback recruit' being told Woods would be the DL coach.

Sanders has zero coaching experience. He also never had that great of technique, he was just a great athlete who was fearless.

You are right...no coaching experience...although the 10 years experience in the NFL at an all pro level may be beneficial to actually knowing something about playing defensive back. You would also think playing at that high of a level would give him some insight into how to motivate guys to improve as he motivated himself to becoming the Defensive MVP of the NFL. Saying he had poor techique is ridiculous and it's even more ridiculous that because he may have relied on his athleticism, that somehow he couldn't teach the correct skills to a young CB or Safety.

Since he has never recruited players, I'm sure he would suck at that too. No one wants an all pro/NFL defensive player of the year in their living room telling them how to play defense or where to go to school and why.

He would be the get of the century for the Iowa coaching staff.

LeVar will be the new DL coach...and if I had to wager, Phil Parker will become the DC, meaning Iowa will need to hire a DB's coach.

Not necessarily. I say that because plenty of coordinators also retain a positional responsibility (including KoK as QB coach) - you may know more about specific thinking at Iowa.

LeVar will be the new DL coach...and if I had to wager, Phil Parker will become the DC, meaning Iowa will need to hire a DB's coach.

That blows that parker will be the new dc....guess kf is ok with the program going into a free fall so he will keep e drything the same...what an utter joke the iowa head coach has become.

Enter TCHawk with yet another lame disparaging post. Are you even a hawk fan or just a troll trying to make everyone else feel as miserable as you do? More importantly... Are you ever going to go away? Here's an idea, run to your mom's bathtub and fill it with water. Then do us all a favor and try to see if you can hold your breath for 5 minutes underwater. No quitting is allowed.

Enter TCHawk with yet another lame disparaging post. Are you even a hawk fan or just a troll trying to make everyone else feel as miserable as you do? More importantly... Are you ever going to go away? Here's an idea, run to your mom's bathtub and fill it with water. Then do us all a favor and try to see if you can hold your breath for 5 minutes underwater. No quitting is allowed.

then again, he has merit in his post, and I too agree. The powers that be at Iowa know better than I, but apparently you didn't take notice of our less than stellar defense last year in Norms absence. I am stol holding out for an outside hire.

That blows that parker will be the new dc....guess kf is ok with the program going into a free fall so he will keep e drything the same...what an utter joke the iowa head coach has become.
yes i am sure that's what Kirk wants. tool.

see signature.....

Oops, you forgot to mention KF's salary.

then again, he has merit in his post, and I too agree. The powers that be at Iowa know better than I, but apparently you didn't take notice of our less than stellar defense last year in Norms absence. I am still
holding out for an outside hire.

edit: Absolutely, in no way, do I feel KF is anything but the best head coach for our program going forward at this time. Also, I do think that the poster should be more diplomatic in his contempt.

Section136 nailed it. All TC does is complain like a 4 year old. I'm not a big fan of Phil Parker becoming the DC either but his constant spewing of the same BS is lame. Guess I'll stop complaining about it and just ignore the child.

Tom Bradley will not be the HC at PSU
the question is will KF talk to him about the DC job
also the State of Iowa has strict rules inplace in how state Universities go about making new hires it is a set time of posting the position and then there is a interview process to give candidates to go thru this process
the 2 week posting period ends the 11th of January, then the Interviews will begin it maybe as early as the 12th or as late as Mid Feb before we know anything
"patience grasshopper"

You are right...no coaching experience...although the 10 years experience in the NFL at an all pro level may be beneficial to actually knowing something about playing defensive back. You would also think playing at that high of a level would give him some insight into how to motivate guys to improve as he motivated himself to becoming the Defensive MVP of the NFL. Saying he had poor techique is ridiculous and it's even more ridiculous that because he may have relied on his athleticism, that somehow he couldn't teach the correct skills to a young CB or Safety.

Since he has never recruited players, I'm sure he would suck at that too. No one wants an all pro/NFL defensive player of the year in their living room telling them how to play defense or where to go to school and why.

He would be the get of the century for the Iowa coaching staff.

Nice. I don't think it would take him long at all to adapt to a coaching role.

Nice. I don't think it would take him long at all to adapt to a coaching role.

Great players do not always make great coaches. See Chuck Long. You also understand that there is no way possible Sanders comes in and is a position coach right off the bat. He would have to prove himself as an assistant the same way Levar has.

Great players do not always make great coaches. See Chuck Long. You also understand that there is no way possible Sanders comes in and is a position coach right off the bat. He would have to prove himself as an assistant the same way Levar has.

You need to stop now. Long was the Offensive Coordinator at Oklahoma when they were playing in National Title games. His offenses were unstoppable. He got the opportunity at SDSU because of the work he did at Oklahoma. SDSU was a major mess when he took it over...limited scholarships due to terrible academics, and a terrible strength and conditioning program. He rebuilt the pipeline of interior linemen and righted the ship as to getting kids to class. Unfortunately, he wasn't particularly good at managing the game, nor his staff...and the media did him in. Brady Hoke came in and truly owed some of his success to the work Long did. Kansas, well, I know Mangino left another mess there too. I'd take Chuck Long over Ken O'Keefe any day of the week.

Are you serious...Sanders would have to earn the right to a position coach? If he was interested...KF would hire him on the spot to coach the secondary. Are you kidding me? Do you know what he could do on the recruiting trail? Bob "freaking" Sanders?

Did Long have a big impact on Oklahoma's success? Hard to say, they did not miss a beat when he left...not one bit.
Remind me how Mangino left a mess at KU? He took that program to places it's never been before and never will be again. I use to live in that area, trust me, the KU fans cherrish the Mangino years.
I love Long for what he did at Iowa, but he is not a great coach.
As for as the Sanders argument...it's really a waste of time. There is zero indication he is interested in coaching/or coming back to Iowa.

Latest posts