Let's rally around our beloved coach, Kirk Ferentz!

So none of you ferentz fans ever look at Oregon and wonder how they rose so high, so fast? Or OK State? Or any other team with an innovative, aggressive young coach?
Nobody thinks Iowa could or should get Nick Saban or Urban Meyer. But someone like Chip Kelly or Dana Holgorsen is out there. To deny this is to be ridiculously obtuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
So none of you ferentz fans ever look at Oregon and wonder how they rose so high, so fast? Or OK State? .

make-it-rain-guys.gif

I know, it's not like Michigan played in a BCS bowl last season. Oh, wait...

The other two wins on the 3 game streak were against a Michigan team that went a combined 12-13. Prior to the streak Michigan was a combined 872-294-36 and Iowa was a combined 10-40-4 against Michigan. So clearly Iowa doesn't win often against a Michigan team that is not backpedaling.

So none of you ferentz fans ever look at Oregon and wonder how they rose so high, so fast? Or OK State? Or any other team with an innovative, aggressive young coach?
Nobody thinks Iowa could or should get Nick Saban or Urban Meyer. But someone like Chip Kelly or Dana Holgorsen is out there. To deny this is to be ridiculously obtuse.

Me thinks you missed something about Oregon..

NCAA lists possible UO violations | Main News | The Register-Guard | Eugene, Oregon

I'm with olddude on this.

I'm tired of the Kirk bashing. He is a great coach who has done amazing things at Iowa. Things may be a little down right now, but he will get it fixed. Iowa will be back to an 8 or 9 win season within the next couple of years. Fans need to be patient!

Kirk needs the support of true Hawk fans everywhere! He is going to be our coach until 2020 (and hopefully many more years after that)....so let's all rally around and show him we are behind him 100% (by not making negative posts, etc.)!

In Kirk We Trust!

Please define "great."

While he's at it perhaps he can define "true Hawk fan". I'm guessing it's a complacent someone that hates to rock the boat towards a brighter tomorrow, wears black and old gold blinders, and is refreshed by stagnancy.

...and praying for the day that their wife can knit at Kinnick.

So none of you ferentz fans ever look at Oregon and wonder how they rose so high, so fast? Or OK State?

Well, both programs have extremely wealthy benefactors that donated hundreds of millions to upgrade their facilities. Oregon had the benefit of having a great coach usher in Kelly (Belloti had a winning % of almost 70), and OkSt has yet to prove any staying power.

YOUR EXAMPLES SUCK AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD!

Now he worships at at the altar of a stagnant pool
And when he sees his reflection he's fulfilled.

Bob Dylan

You said anyone with a pulse. I assume you have one. Seriously, though, who would you want to coach at Iowa? It's a legit question. You want Kurt fired, so who is the replacement. Just anyone? Derp.

Your wife is prolly awful looking, cant cook, is lazy, doesnt know how to use the vacuum, and is 250lbs but you married her because you were scared you wouldnt find anyone else.

Just stop racer you look like a dumb dumb.

Last edited:
Youre wife is prolly awful looking, cant cook, is lazy, doesnt know how to use the vacuum, and is 250lbs but you married her because you were scared you wouldnt find anyone else.

Just stop racer you look like a dumb dumb.

Well...no...I've met racer's wife, and she is a fine looking young lady.

Yes his wife could be a 10. Its the point that you cant fear change because you dont know whats out there.

I get ya OoTH, and I ain't taking sides up in here. I just wanted to confirm racer's claims about the attractiveness of his wife. You may not like Mr. Racer, but he ain't a liar.

I'm with olddude on this.

I'm tired of the Kirk bashing. He is a great coach who has done amazing things at Iowa. Things may be a little down right now, but he will get it fixed. Iowa will be back to an 8 or 9 win season within the next couple of years. Fans need to be patient!

Kirk needs the support of true Hawk fans everywhere! He is going to be our coach until 2020 (and hopefully many more years after that)....so let's all rally around and show him we are behind him 100% (by not making negative posts, etc.)!

In Kirk We Trust!

I'm hoping this is a joke, but if it's not......on what planet is 8 or 9 wins good enough? Start scheduling some real non-conference foes and it will make the 7 or 8 win seasons pallatable. Eventually you'll be able to recruit well enough to field a 10 or 11 win team. Keep playing cupcakes and Iowa will always be a mediocre program that if the stars align every 7 or 8 years might be in the mix for the BCS. To me that's not good enough, but that's just me.

I'm hoping this is a joke, but if it's not......on what planet is 8 or 9 wins good enough?
Planet Earth for about 90 of the 120 FBS programs.

8.5 wins a year for the last decade would put any program in the top 13 for wins. That would be more than Nebraska, Miami-FL, and Michigan. 9.5 wins for the last decade would put any program at #6 for wins tied with Florida, W.Virginia, USC.

So being a Top 20 program for a decade would mean that 8 wins is good enough. That would be Iowa at #13.

Of course, those golden years that make Iowa a Top 20 program are years 8, 9, and 10 away from where we are now. To maintain a Top 13 program, the Hawks have to win 27-30 games the next three seasons.

That ain't happening.

Latest posts