Let's rally around our beloved coach, Kirk Ferentz!

83Hawk

Banned
I'm with olddude on this.

I'm tired of the Kirk bashing. He is a great coach who has done amazing things at Iowa. Things may be a little down right now, but he will get it fixed. Iowa will be back to an 8 or 9 win season within the next couple of years. Fans need to be patient!

Kirk needs the support of true Hawk fans everywhere! He is going to be our coach until 2020 (and hopefully many more years after that)....so let's all rally around and show him we are behind him 100% (by not making negative posts, etc.)!

In Kirk We Trust!

I was just sitting here watching my dog lick her own vag and it got me to thinking the same thing. No negative posts from me.

I'm tired of the Kirk bashing. He is a great coach who has done amazing things at Iowa. Things may be a little down right now, but he will get it fixed. Iowa will be back to an 8 or 9 win season within the next couple of years. Fans need to be patient!

Kirk needs the support of true Hawk fans everywhere! He is going to be our coach until 2020 (and hopefully many more years after that)....so let's all rally around and show him we are behind him 100% (by not making negative posts, etc.)!

In Kirk We Trust!

Why put this garbage in here? Just b/c someone questions KF or doesn't think he should be our head coach doesn't mean they're not "true Hawk fans". And I dont' know what you're smokin', but we're not just "a little down right now". Good lord, have you watched any games this year??!! It's fine if you want to support Kirk no matter what, but quit with the drivel.

Kirk doesnt read this board as he doesnt know what the internet is.

Also how has Kirk not been backed? Kinnick has been full. The crowd has been loud.

In Kirk We Trust!

I think it takes a true fan to want the best from their team and coach. I am sorry but this is what I love about the Kirk Cult(KC): "Hey guys you need to support a coach through 2 more years after 2 bad years! Everyone knows a coach's 14 year is really hard to get established. We will be back to a mediocre 8 win season soon enough. Who really care about titles as long as we can make it to the insight bowl."

WHEN DID IOWA FANS START TO SOUND LIKE ISWHO FANS?!?!?!

How about this. The KC's always want reasons why KF should go. You started this thread give me a bunch more "better" reasons to back off ol' KF. Besides the, in 2 years we will be back to 8 wins!

I like the Kirk beggers.

Kirk youre a great coach I just wish you would change a little please change kirk youre a good guy you just need to change please. Im da biggest Iowa eva please change. Love you.

Kirk doesnt want to change he wants to play his boring ball.

I like Kurt as a person. I dislike his habitual gameday mistakes and reluctance to remove ineffective players and scrap ineffective schemes.

That is all.

Also, Pravda sucks.

8 wins should be a down year in my opinion. Maybe I just expect more then most. I will take an 8 win season and be happy if it's because we have extenuating circumstances. We should be winning all four none conference games year in and year out no matter if Iowa <insert whatever flaw Iowa has here that surmounts to losses>. That's why we schedule these pancake teams to play us! It pads our record and gets us ready for B1G play! Finding four more in the B1G conference shouldn't be that hard either with most of our schedules. At least 8 wins should be expected every season no matter what. Especially with KF at the helm, since he such a great coach and all, RIGHT? Sorry, the last few years are not cutting it and this year something better change quick and I'm talking tomorrow or the rest of the season is in shambles. We all realize Capt. Kirk is going no where but that doesn't mean we can't scrutinize his work. He is a public figure after all.

Last edited:
I like Kurt as a person. I dislike his habitual gameday mistakes and reluctance to remove ineffective players and scrap ineffective schemes.

That is all.

Also, Pravda sucks.

+1. I think plenty of KF as a person, at least without being able to know him personally. He seems like a good guy. But KF was not hired as our coach just to be a good guy. He's paid to win football games, first and foremost, and I am frustrated with the lack of results the better part of the last 8 seasons.

I want KF to win - believe me, I really do. So I "support" him in that matter. But I can't bring myself to bury my head in the sand when the last 3 seasons (2010 forward) are just a shade over .500, and with conference play coming up, it appears that percentage is going to go down, unless this team improves in a hurry.

I like the Kirk beggers.

Kirk youre a great coach I just wish you would change a little please change kirk youre a good guy you just need to change please. Im da biggest Iowa eva please change. Love you.

Kirk doesnt want to change he wants to play his boring ball.

That sounds a lot like the Kirk complainers. Change "Kirk you're a great coach" to "Kirk you're a sucky coach, I just wish you would change your schemes to get with the modern times."

That is all.

Also, Pravda sucks.

You mean the same schemes that worked during the good years? Maybe we should change to the spread then. We all know that running a spread offense has helped Purdue and Northwestern win 9 or 10 games every year, right?

kinnickbob_zpse9de8e10.jpg

Sounds like Joe Paterno syndrome in Hawkeyeland to me. Its a job to him. He's getting paid $3+ million to win games/championships and that hasn't happened much in a long time. Kirk and JoPa were buddies tho....

How about this. The KC's always want reasons why KF should go. You started this thread give me a bunch more "better" reasons to back off ol' KF. Besides the, in 2 years we will be back to 8 wins!

3 Top 10 finishes, 2 Big 10 titles, Iowa's first BCS-level bowl win since the 1959 Rose Bowl. A couple of January bowl wins over SEC teams. 3 straight wins over Michigan (and counting). Numerous players drafted by the NFL.

I rest my case.

Latest posts