Let's just temper the hyperbole (in both directions).

Cover3

Watching this game was about as fun as sitting on a handful of sharpened pencils. Fact. Nonetheless . . .

Fran can coach. We've all seen the team's improvement. Was tonight his best night of coaching? Probably not.

The Hawks can beat a 1-3-1 half-court trap. Michigan runs it predominantly, and we hung 75 on them. NW put a little twist on it with the triple-team (instead of just double), they closed the passing lanes very quickly, and the Hawks' ball handling and passing tonight were very bad.

Nobody on the roster is foreseeably more than an NBA longshot. I don't watch the NBA much, but when I've seen bits of it, I see guys with Marble's length, Basabe's quickness, AND White's effort/motor. NBA players are athletic freaks. We're developing some nice young players, but nobody quite like that yet.

Love to have a place where our opinions can be exchanged, but the manic depression of the board as a whole is getting laughable. If we win at PSU next week, it doesn't mean we're going to win out. Likewise, losing tonight doesn't mean that everybody on our roster and coaching staff are inept.

Let's all take it easy and flush the loss away. (P.S., love the idea expressed earlier that NW could be sitting on the bubble at the end with a trip to Carver left. Here's to playing tougher over the next few weeks!)

GO HAWKS!

Except UM played mostly man to man in the last game.

Fair enough. I didn't have the game film handy, haha.

We definitely have things to work on, and cracking the 1-3-1 would be one even if Michigan had thrown it at us more in that earlier game. I still trust that the team will bounce back. They have a few times this year from ugly losses.

We had a couple possessions with quick ball movement to hit the open three, but our shaky jump-shooting early I think led the guys to try to force it off the dribble and things got ugly.

Tough loss as far as NIT campaigning, but I'm confident it'll serve as a losing experience (given the way this season has gone).

Is this your way of making fun of my Hawks 95 NW 70 prediction? And what do you mean IF we win at PSU?

Is this your way of making fun of my Hawks 95 NW 70 prediction? And what do you mean IF we win at PSU?

Lol. In honor of this post, I will go on record predicting us to go to OT in every remaining game. I might even pick a few ties, haha.

Honestly, NW is good. RPI of 36, they should make the tourny. They lost by 2 pts at Michigan and Purdue,and by 1 vs Ill. ...win those three and they are 8-3 and in 2nd place. They happen to be hot right now to boot. So, this is not a shock.

weird how people still are surprised by this team. not like we've have 20 games + already to see how much of a rollercoaster they are (sarcasm). some people need to temper expectations or just quit watching for awhile. we'll be better next year, and the next, so come back then and enjoy the ride.

Latest posts