Let's get the pulse on tonight

Will Iowa win on the road tonight @ Indiana

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

InGoodCo

I for one don't expect Iowa to win tonight. Indiana is getting a lot of players back - during their 7 game losing streak, 5 of them were on the road and they own wins of @MSU, Louisville and Marquette, which IMO is as good as of a resume as any team in the country. They are far from dead and extremely dangerous. If Iowa wins tonight it's gonna be as impressive as any win they have this season. Just my opinion, but tonight seems like a very difficult game.

I think this will be a tough game as well to win. I'm not confident. But, if they can pull it out it will be a good road win.

This would be a very solid win, if Iowa could get it. Not really expecting it though. So damned hard to win on the road in this conference. I just hope we don't see another Minnesota-like performance.

Everyone knows what I think...the lone win vote thus far. Here’s a fun fact. Indiana is 0-4 against the spread in conference home games. They are favored by 2. So their conference results thus far suggest Indiana will win by 1 or lose.

Kenpom/Sagarin Composite:

upload_2019-2-7_10-51-33.png

Kenpom:

upload_2019-2-7_10-52-0.png

Summary:
  • Iowa is better on O
  • Indiana is better on D
  • Iowa plays faster paced
  • This is a Q1 game for both teams

Flip a coin on this one. Langford and Morgan score about half their points so somehow we need to limit them. It will be interesting to see Fran's defensive schemes tonight but I'm thinking a mixture of man and zone depending on how they are shooting. Langford is not a good 3 point shooter (only 24%). Cook is due for a big game. If that happens and Joe, Garza and Kreiner play like they did again Michigan we have a good shot at a big road win.

When was the last time we had a buzzer beater for the win???

I went with no. I don't expect them to win but wouldn't be surprised either way. I'm just hoping the defense shows up tonight.

Indiana is one game removed from a seven game losing streak.

We have a punchers chance, at least forty percent. Especially if we defend better than we have down there recently.

If experience and clutch play from Garza and Wiescamp are our calling cards it's time to raise the bar and do it in an environment like this.

Flip a coin on this one. Langford and Morgan score about half their points so somehow we need to limit them. It will be interesting to see Fran's defensive schemes tonight but I'm thinking a mixture of man and zone depending on how they are shooting. Langford is not a good 3 point shooter (only 24%). Cook is due for a big game. If that happens and Joe, Garza and Kreiner play like they did again Michigan we have a good shot at a big road win.

When was the last time we had a buzzer beater for the win???

Woody tip in at the buzzer in the NCAA Tournament.

And yes I said woody tip in.

No excuses if we can’t beat these guys...plenty of time to prep and rest. And the win at MSU eliminates the looked past them argument.

I think the weakness of Iowa's resume right now is a good Q1 road win. I think they get one tonight.

Despite a bad season so far, Hoosiers are 10-2 @ home. Tough to win, even in a crumbling, relic of a building

He could only do a tip in because he couldn't get up enough to dunk it.

:rolleyes:

LwPG8_.gif