Lets get excited, who on the roster benefits the most from uptempo ball?

Cougs may be able to do somethings. Hopefully, he's working his arse off to get into better shape this off-season and turn some of the extra weight into useful weight. If he does this, he'll be able to help next year.

I think Cougill is one of the more likely ones to want to leave actually. He's about as up tempo as my grandma, and is definitely defenseless.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Cougs. First I don't see him transferring. He grew up an Iowa fan, he wants to be here. Second I remember early in the year when his back was in good shape he ran the floor and finished in transition pretty well. He'll never be an above the rim guy, but he's a legit 6-9 and has good hands and body controll. He can catch the ball on the move and get it up on the glass.

Quick take:

Cully- yes
May-yes
gatens- maybe
fuller-yes
Cole- no
cougill-no

Brommer-maybe
Archie-yes
Brust-maybe
Marble-yes
McCabe-maybe
Larson-yes

That gives me 6 ''yes'' ,4 ''maybe'' and 2 ''no''....

Not sure that is enough ''yes's'' to really play this style flat out from day one...might have to adjust to our lack of speed.

Remeber that in most up tempo styles the bigs are the ones that get the breaks started. Then, they are the trailers. Most of the question marks will come from their ability to be able to go for more than a couple of minutes. Cole will be able to, Cougs?

Latest posts