Let's be clear, as a fan, Peach and Fiesta do not want

HawksMN

Title says it all. Those bowls would be gas out of the balloon after a tremendous season.
Go Hawks, let's do this!

Interestingly, they would be about the equivalent of the Orange Bowl in 2009. Very good bowl situations, but I agree we want more than that. I read Jon's recent article and he talked about a potential Iowa/Notre Dame match-up in the Fiesta. That would be interesting in the sense of many Iowa fans have been wanting that game for a long time now. That would be the fall back to the fall back though.

We really need Oklahoma St to win tonight (like Jon also alludes to) to help get 2 Big Ten teams into the playoffs. That would help Iowa with gettng the Rose Bowl as a fall back if we don't beat MSU to get into the playoffs. If not, then we need to be Big North Carolina and Florida fans with remaining games against Clemson and Alabama.

Also, I would say go Stanford to get the Irish out of the picture.

I believe the Rose has probably already made up their mind on what they will do in the event we were to lose to MSU (assuming we would fall below OSU in playoff ranking). What that decision is, however, they aren't going to tell anybody of course.

From a purely selfish standpoint I'd love the Fiesta as we're moving to Arizona just before it would be played.

But, yeah...

I believe the Rose has probably already made up their mind on what they will do in the event we were to lose to MSU (assuming we would fall below OSU in playoff ranking). What that decision is, however, they aren't going to tell anybody of course.
if this were the case, we haven't been to the Rose Bowl since 91. We would send between 25-35 thousands fans to Pasadena. I doubt OSu would send that many, money would be involved in the decision. I think it was the 2014 Outback Bowl, their decision came down between Iowa & Michigan, they picked us because our fans travel better. So much of the bowl games now is about money and how many fans will travel and spend $$$$.

If Iowa goes Fiesta, and if ND loses tonight, it would be Iowa v Notre Dame more than likely in that game. if Iowa Peach, probably v Houston.

If Iowa goes Fiesta, and if ND loses tonight, it would be Iowa v Notre Dame more than likely in that game. if Iowa Peach, probably v Houston.

That Fiesta matchup would be a little interesting....maybe
That Peach bowl matchup would be a big slap in the face.

Really don't want either.

Also I'd bet $$ we'd take way over 30K to a Rose Bowl......

Nobody saw this season coming and it has been pure magic throughout. That being said however, anything lower than the Rose would feel a little hollow, considering Iowa's accomplishments.

I'll take any of the above, no fan besides that troll Hawknick believed IOWA would be in this situation come November...great year no matter which bowl we play in...

I'll take any of the above, no fan besides that troll Hawknick believed IOWA would be in this situation come November...great year no matter which bowl we play in...

Given perspective within the season itself, peach bowl vs Houston would be a bad smelling fart in an otherwise brut smelling season

People, we'll get what we earn, if we keep winning, we will earn a spot. If we don't win, we will have to settle for what comes our way, very simple. This has been a great ride and I personally have enjoyed it all.
Go Hawks

Crazy talk.

They are all literally on the same level in terms of national relevance this year.

Do I want to go to the Rose Bowl if Iowa doesn't make the playoff? Absolutely. But if the alternative is a Fiesta Bowl matchup with Notre Dame, I can live with that.

If the Rose, Fiesta, and Peach are all suppose to be on the same level, then how come the Rose has a special set of rules that allows it to pick its representatives first outside of the committee? I would still say the Rose is greater in perception than the Fiesta and Peach....not to mention tradition.

If the Rose, Fiesta, and Peach are all suppose to be on the same level, then how come the Rose has a special set of rules that allows it to pick its representatives first outside of the committee? I would still say the Rose is greater in perception than the Fiesta and Peach....not to mention tradition.

Because the Rose Bowl does carry weight with the committee. But to the average fan in college football, the playoffs are what really matter now, and any other game isn't that big of a deal.

making the Fiesta Bowl is not the end of the world. It will be looked at similarly as the same level with the Orange Bowl seasons of 2002 and 2009.

making the Fiesta Bowl is not the end of the world. It will be looked at similarly as the same level with the Orange Bowl seasons of 2002 and 2009.

Fiesta Bowl is a fine bowl, but wont be NEAR the draw as a Rose or Playoff game would. Not even close. Not sure how a Peach Bowl would draw, Atlanta is not exactly a bowl 'destination'.

I am hoping for the best but preparing to be screwed if it comes to that.....

Latest posts