Let's all come back down to earth...

EST1847

It's absolutely absurd some of the comments posters are making about the Coker fallout. I'll admit when I initially heard the news I was disappointed and slightly upset but I didn't lose my ability to think rationally. After hearing all of the half truth stories out there and taking out of them what seems plausible I can safely assume the following.

Coker put himself in a bad situation that the University of Iowa deemed was worthy of suspending him. The U of I chose to do this even though no formal charges had been filed. This makes me believe that Ferentz's comment regarding "living with the decision" was based on no charges being filed but Marcus still being punished.

My take is this. If facts surfaced after the insight bowl that Coker was involved in an assault or caught cheating, then this is a big black eye for Iowa if they let an ineligible student play in the game or a student that was accused of an assault, possibly of a sexual nature.

We could be talking about vacating a bowl victory or dealing with the media onslaught of a player being accused of a serious crime. This doesn't even touch the lack of respect for the possible victim of the crime if it is in fact an assault.

I truly hope that Coker's name will be cleared of all wrongdoings and hope he goes on to have a successful football career.

It's absolutely absurd some of the comments posters are making about the Coker fallout. I'll admit when I initially heard the news I was disappointed and slightly upset but I didn't lose my ability to think rationally. After hearing all of the half truth stories out there and taking out of them what seems plausible I can safely assume the following.

Coker put himself in a bad situation that the University of Iowa deemed was worthy of suspending him. The U of I chose to do this even though no formal charges had been filed. This makes me believe that Ferentz's comment regarding "living with the decision" was based on no charges being filed but Marcus still being punished.

My take is this. If facts surfaced after the insight bowl that Coker was involved in an assault or caught cheating, then this is a big black eye for Iowa if they let an ineligible student play in the game or a student that was accused of an assault, possibly of a sexual nature.

We could be talking about vacating a bowl victory or dealing with the media onslaught of a player being accused of a serious crime. This doesn't even touch the lack of respect for the possible victim of the crime if it is in fact an assault.

I truly hope that Coker's name will be cleared of all wrongdoings and hope he goes on to have a successful football career.

He was cleared already yet the school suspended him anyway...no wonder he left, and I don't blame him at all.

I'm excited for ball to start up again. I can already smell the charcoal burning and feel the cold beer in my hand. Who's got my countdown.

I guess I never left Earth. I am disappointed with the news. I liked watching Coker develop, but as we've seen this staff will fill the RB position fine.

The drama over the ordeal isn't going to end soon. Glad that will tide me over until September.

I don't get how some are blaming the staff over this? Coker even said that he would like to thank the staff for all they have done. This came from higher up the food chain, not Ferentz

Not cleared, just wasn't charged. Two different things.

correct. i moreso meant he is not facing charges for sexual assault or "in the clear" from sexual assault charges.

i've read some of your other posts in other threads and i'm in agreement with what you've been saying. seems pretty logical

He was cleared already yet the school suspended him anyway...no wonder he left, and I don't blame him at all.

That's right. So Est1847, I see your reasoning if he wasn't cleared but he was. No charges were going to be pressed. IF this is the reason for his suspension then the U of I is ******* this up bad. This is a **** worthless time to be a Hawkeye fan. Iowa needs to get their **** together.

That's right. So Est1847, I see your reasoning if he wasn't cleared but he was. No charges were going to be pressed. IF this is the reason for his suspension then the U of I is ******* this up bad. This is a **** worthless time to be a Hawkeye fan. Iowa needs to get their **** together.

The statute of limitations in Iowa for assault is 3 years criminal and 2 years civil. Just because no charges were filed now doesn't mean future charges or a lawsuit can't ever be filed.(see OK4PREZ above) My point is that if the university felt the accusations had some merit and could lead to bigger things that could be detrimental to the university then the suspension is rational.
Your last sentence tells me so much about your maturity level. Keep living and dieing by the weekly headlines and the rest of us will go on with life and support whatever team walks on the field next fall.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO04VXBIS0M]Chicken Little- The Sky is Falling - YouTube[/ame]

Everyone run

Latest posts