Let Kirk retire, hire Ed Orgeron

tweeterhawk

Isn’t Iowa 6-1 with wins over 3 ranked teams?

Ferentz would have won a national championship if he had coached LSU.

Ed Orgeron reminds me of Bob Cummings. Nice guy but in way over his head.

Isn’t Iowa 6-1 with wins over 3 ranked teams?

Ferentz would have won a national championship if he had coached LSU.

Ed Orgeron reminds me of Bob Cummings. Nice guy but in way over his head.

Nice guy, Ed???? You should read a bunch of the stories about why LSU wanted him out. And why he accepted the buyout. I googled him just a few days ago when the news came out he was going to be let go or whatever.

Sounds like he has gone off the rails the last few years since the Natty Champ.

Nice guy, Ed???? You should read a bunch of the stories about why LSU wanted him out. And why he accepted the buyout. I googled him just a few days ago when the news came out he was going to be let go or whatever.

Ha, yeah - folksy public persona vs who he actually is as a human being...not pretty.

Also, if you look at his resume, he's more or less Gene Chizik.

Orgeron seriously? What's he done since winning the national championship? The amount of talent available to him at LSU by far exceeds what would be available to him at a program like Iowa and I simply don't see him catching lightning in a bottle again like he did with Burrow. Based on who he is and what he's done the past two years I can legitimately say he wouldn't even be on my list if I was making that decision.

John Gruden's available too, but just cause they're out there doesn't automatically make them a great fit.

Orgeron seriously? What's he done since winning the national championship? The amount of talent available to him at LSU by far exceeds what would be available to him at a program like Iowa and I simply don't see him catching lightning in a bottle again like he did with Burrow. Based on who he is and what he's done the past two years I can legitimately say he wouldn't even be on my list if I was making that decision.

John Gruden's available too, but just cause they're out there doesn't automatically make them a great fit.
You got trolled

Come on man, even I spotted it....and this is coming from the guy who missed a very blatant sarcastic comment last week.

Probably but, at the same time, if you were to accept this as a legitimate take, it wouldn't even rank in the top 10 for stupidity since Saturday afternoon.

The OP seems to want to take as big a flush as possible on both KF and the entire Iowa system. Ed Orgeron's Carroll era USC pedigree may appeal to quite a few people as representing high octane big boy football. OP either doesn't know about or maybe doesn't care about why Orgeron is being shown the door. On top of that, you can't recruit for high octane USC type offense in Iowa. Iowa's system is very developmental and Orgeron is used getting the pick of the litter. He's never worked in a developmental system and might have no inclination to do so.

I stand corrected. I did not know about the off the field allegations against him. Wow.