Les Miles

Fryowa

Administrator
Not looking good for ol' Lester.

Now I'm even hearing rumblings online that he's going to take Jeff Long with him for not vetting him well enough. Everything I read sounds like Long is an even bigger scum bag than Miles.

Maybe they can give Mangino a call and see if he'll come back. Not sure if his contract with "My 600 Pound Life" is up yet though...and I guess it'd kinda suck having to haul him to games in the back of a pickup when everyone else gets to fly.

WTF... I mean that looks turribble as Barkley would say. I read some of what LSUs AD had said back at the time about how they'd have been on the right side of history if they'd fire him with cause. He was confident they'd win the public PR battle of it all. Yet they wouldn't let him fire him. Makes a whole lotta folks look bad I would think not just him. But yeah Miles is a piece of work...

I had no idea Miles was that bad....gosh I remember the calls on here from people wanting to fire Ferentz to go after Miles.

If I’m Kansas I hire the goofiest coach I can find to try all kinds of crazy stuff like never punting, tons of trick plays etc. You will never be a great program so might as well make it fun. I realize Miles has sorta that rep but I’m talking way beyond that, and hire some new guy who is cheap as hell.

They need to hire the biggest cheater on the planet and doesn't care who knows it. The NCAA forgives stuff like that at Kansas.
Kansas might as well be Mars.

I didn’t think there was a more grotesque, excruciating drive across a US state than nebraska until I had to drive across Kansas. I’m assuming scientists use it as a mock-up of what the world will be like after it gets flattened by nuclear war.

If I’m Kansas I hire the goofiest coach I can find to try all kinds of crazy stuff like never punting, tons of trick plays etc. You will never be a great program so might as well make it fun. I realize Miles has sorta that rep but I’m talking way beyond that, and hire some new guy who is cheap as hell.
It looks like they have been experimenting already:

Kansas might as well be Mars.

I didn’t think there was a more grotesque, excruciating drive across a US state than nebraska until I had to drive across Kansas. I’m assuming scientists use it as a mock-up of what the world will be like after it gets flattened by nuclear war.
But, Fry, when you drive across NE, you can watch the Platte River for 8 hours.

But, Fry, when you drive across NE, you can watch the Platte River for 8 hours.
The 80 mile stretch between Lincoln and Grand Island there's not one single curve, turn, or hill. Not even a 1 degree deviation, you could fall asleep and as long as you didn't touch the steering wheel you'd end up in the hell that is Grand Island. Not even South Dakota (close second to shitiness) has a stretch that far.

That state is an absolute Twilight Zone shithole wasteland.

I saw that Jay Norvell was named as a candidate to replace Miles. Please do NOT take that job, Jay. No.No.No.

I saw that Jay Norvell was named as a candidate to replace Miles. Please do NOT take that job, Jay. No.No.No.
Why not? It's a multi-million dollar contract at a P5 school where there's no expectations and no one cares about football. If he flops he can always go back and coach in the MAC or MWC somewhere.

You mean someone like David Greene (Gabe Kaplan's character in the movie Fast Break) who brings in a run and gun style of basketball and is paid $60 per win?

The 80 mile stretch between Lincoln and Grand Island there's not one single curve, turn, or hill. Not even a 1 degree deviation, you could fall asleep and as long as you didn't touch the steering wheel you'd end up in the hell that is Grand Island. Not even South Dakota (close second to shitiness) has a stretch that far.

That state is an absolute Twilight Zone shithole wasteland.
The wife and I were driving home a different route from my brother's place in Boulder and decided to go north. Went on a US highway, not sure which one. For about an hour the ONLY sign of human habitation were the fences on either side of the road - no houses, no towns, no other cars... just the fences.

Latest posts