Legends Game?

scottrenaud

Here is a Tweet from one of my favorite Hawkeyes...
---
KenyonMurray3

How would Hawk Nation like to have a "Legends" game on Oct. 15th to get the McCaffery era started? Your thoughts?
---

AWESOME!

Ok so who are the "legends" and how do we break the rosters down? Are we going to split up by generation or mix the ages up? Who are the coaches (Mr. Davis to coach one team and Lute the other)? What are your ideas?

Ok so who are the "legends" and how do we break the rosters down? Are we going to split up by generation or mix the ages up? Who are the coaches (Mr. Davis to coach one team and Lute the other)? What are your ideas?

Lets bring in 20 guys, shoot for teams every other I dont freakin care.... this HAS to happen...

I'm drooling at the prospect of seeing Les Jepsen and Guy Rucker on the court at the same time. Like an Oero Cookie it would be a match made in heaven.

As an example, I could live with these as the point guards... one one team have Horner and BJ and on the other have DeanO and Andre. Do that with every position. 1-2 recent and 1-2 older at each position. And when I say older, I mean still young enough the can still move. I don't want to see guy's from the first final four team pushing walkers down the court.

As an example, I could live with these as the point guards... one one team have Horner and BJ and on the other have DeanO and Andre. Do that with every position. 1-2 recent and 1-2 older at each position. And when I say older, I mean still young enough the can still move. I don't want to see guy's from the first final four team pushing walkers down the court.

No argument from me if Ronnie Lester would want to return to IC and play. In fact I would love it!!!

No argument from me if Ronnie Lester would want to return to IC and play. In fact I would love it!!!

Lester, Waite, Special K, Hansen, Gannon...those guys would be welcomed, if able. I'm talking the FIRST Final Four team. I'm talking Scheuerman, Seaberg, Cain and the boys. No need to see them playing. Making an appearance, shaking hands, maybe honorary captains? Sure.

Love it. I play ball at the Y with guys ranging in age from 30 to 60 and to be honest, the guys that are touching the top of the age range can still play ball. A few of them are former Tenn. and Vandy players. You could probably go back to the mid-70s and still be safe.

There are certainly guys that wouldn't make it back but finding 16+ guys from seasons past that would like to play shouldn't be too difficult.

Roy Marble
Les Jepsen
Ryan Bowen
Jess Settles
Dean Oliver
Greg Brunner
Jeff Horner
Chris Kingsbury
Kent McCausland
Reggie Evans
Acie Earl
Kenyon Murray
Greg Stokes
BJ Armstrong
Adam Haluska
Glen Worley
JR Koch
Bobby Hansen

Just to name a few.

Lester, Waite, Special K, Hansen, Gannon...those guys would be welcomed, if able. I'm talking the FIRST Final Four team. I'm talking Scheuerman, Seaberg, Cain and the boys. No need to see them playing. Making an appearance, shaking hands, maybe honorary captains? Sure.

I see, missed that part the first time through. Yeah, if those guys played it may need to be horse or install the old girls 6 on 6 style of play.

Love it. I play ball at the Y with guys ranging in age from 30 to 60 and to be honest, the guys that are touching the top of the age range can still play ball. A few of them are former Tenn. and Vandy players. You could probably go back to the mid-70s and still be safe.

There are certainly guys that wouldn't make it back but finding 16+ guys from seasons past that would like to play shouldn't be too difficult.

Roy Marble
Les Jepsen
Ryan Bowen
Jess Settles
Dean Oliver
Greg Brunner
Jeff Horner
Chris Kingsbury
Kent McCausland
Reggie Evans
Acie Earl
Kenyon Murray
Greg Stokes
BJ Armstrong
Adam Haluska
Glen Worley
JR Koch
Bobby Hansen

Just to name a few.

He asked for LEGENDS, not of the 'in their own mind' variety.

Latest posts