Legends game - Hawks vs. Panthers

In canada? Pro ball eh? Lol

Wasn't uncommon. Randy Duncan ALSO played in Canada.

Shows what you know...or don't. The NFL of the 1950s was nothing like today in terms of salaries and equal player treatment.

And giving an "Lol" about Cal Jones leads me to make this statement:

You should probably STFU and go back to "lurker" status.

Folks folks folks my list wasn't all inclusive...just getting a defense started and no I'm not starting a 6-0 220 lb lineman over any of the great hawkeye lineman of the ferentz era...nope..not even cal jones...sorry....deal. Yanda steinbach gallery weigman, Bulaga scherrf reiff..i'd take every one of them over cal Jones

You should quit while you're behind.

You CANNOT compare players of different eras straight up. They have to be taken into context for the time they played. You want to go "straight up" and as-is? Then I'll just take the current Iowa team, which will beat your Pitt legends team most of the time. Because the current Iowa players are, for the most part, bigger, stronger and faster. For the reason you are dismissing Cal Jones, the same goes for your Pitt legends.

You should quit while you're behind.

You CANNOT compare players of different eras straight up. They have to be taken into context for the time they played. You want to go "straight up" and as-is? Then I'll just take the current Iowa team, which will beat your Pitt legends team most of the time. Because the current Iowa players are, for the most part, bigger, stronger and faster. For the reason you are dismissing Cal Jones, the same goes for your Pitt legends.

I can do "vhateva Tha vack I vant" there are quite a few whiney babies on this board lol awww..sweetheart.....its my thread...go away if you don't like it. Using your third grade brain to tell me what I can and can't do.....lol...its my opinion. ..you Tarzan you tell me no think lol grow up. Free your mind and the rest will follow

Wasn't uncommon. Randy Duncan ALSO played in Canada.

Shows what you know...or don't. The NFL of the 1950s was nothing like today in terms of salaries and equal player treatment.

And giving an "Lol" about Cal Jones leads me to make this statement:

You should probably STFU and go back to "lurker" status.

Did you grow up in eastern Europe say around 1935-45? Germany perhaps? Get over yourself. You run with your CFL fantasies...let's just leave with this..voted greatest player to ever play in cfl....wait for it..wait...Doug flutie...microphone drop. STFU eh? Here is a nickel...go buy some maturity....heck donate it to the nazi party since you are so opposed to opinions other than your own. Enjoy being alone and bitter lol

I can do "vhateva Tha vack I vant" there are quite a few whiney babies on this board lol awww..sweetheart.....its my thread...go away if you don't like it. Using your third grade brain to tell me what I can and can't do.....lol...its my opinion. ..you Tarzan you tell me no think lol grow up. Free your mind and the rest will follow

Hey, if you want to continue to look like a fool, that's your choice. But I hope you realize we are laughing AT you, not WITH you.

BTW...I give your trolling effort a C-.

Hey, if you want to continue to look like a fool, that's your choice. But I hope you realize we are laughing AT you, not WITH you.

BTW...I give your trolling effort a C-.

WE? Are you all using the same brain? I don't have to be in your secret society to enjoy this board...and other folks who aren't out to be d'bags. Did I offend your bf in a pist? Awwww

Qb - Dan Marino (hall of fame)
Rb - Tony Dorsett ( hof)
Rb - Lesean McCoy (all pro)
Rb - Craig " Ironhead " Heyward
Rb - CurtisMartin (hof)
WR - Larry Fitzgerald (all pro)
Te - Mike Ditka (hof)
Ol - Russ Grimm (hof)
Ol - Bill Fralic (all pro)
Ol - Reuben Brown (all pro)
Ol - Mark May (all pro)
Ol - Mark Stepnoski (all pro)

Nt - Bill Maas (all pro)
DE - Chris Doleman (hof)
Lb - Rickey Jackson (hof)
Lb - Hugh Green (all pro)
Lb - Joe Schmitt (hof)
DB - Derrell Revis (all pro)

I like our chances this year vs. This year's pitt panthers!

yikes. We beat them tomorrow night, but I don't think we beat that group above

I am not a pitt fan...but i certainly was impressed with that group of alumni....i'm jealous of skill position players is really what it comes down to...just goes to show what we've been missing over the years....long and shonn greene were perhaps the best at their positions in college football...but that's two in 35 years...yes some pros here and there but if our qbs or rbs were like our oline...championships!!!!

Did you grow up in eastern Europe say around 1935-45? Germany perhaps? Get over yourself. You run with your CFL fantasies...let's just leave with this..voted greatest player to ever play in cfl....wait for it..wait...Doug flutie...microphone drop. STFU eh? Here is a nickel...go buy some maturity....heck donate it to the nazi party since you are so opposed to opinions other than your own. Enjoy being alone and bitter lol

Cal Jones may have played in Canada because it might have been a little less restrictive given his race. And the NFL big-money wasn't around in the 1950s.

And he had just finished his rookie season--and playing in an all-star game--when his life (and thus, career) was tragically cut short in a plane crash. He may, indeed, have gone to playing in the NFL.

Any self-respecting Hawkeye fan, with even a modicum of reverence, would NEVER "lol" Cal Jones or his career. An ignorant Pitt fan would, though. So--again--STFU, go back to being a lurker or the Pitt board, take your pick. You're a despicable POS.

Cal Jones may have played in Canada because it might have been a little less restrictive given his race. And the NFL big-money wasn't around in the 1950s.

And he had just finished his rookie season--and playing in an all-star game--when his life (and thus, career) was tragically cut short in a plane crash. He may, indeed, have gone to playing in the NFL.

Any self-respecting Hawkeye fan, with even a modicum of reverence, would NEVER "lol" Cal Jones or his career. An ignorant Pitt fan would, though. So--again--STFU, go back to being a lurker or the Pitt board, take your pick. You're a despicable POS.

Jesus still loves you...maybe..
Bitter old man lol LOL

Latest posts