Ol - Mark May (all pro)
Ol - Mark Stepnoski (all pro)

Nt - Bill Maas (all pro)
DE - Chris Doleman (hof)
Lb - Rickey Jackson (hof)
Lb - Hugh Green (all pro)
Lb - Joe Schmitt (hof)
DB - Derrell Revis (all pro)

I like our chances this year vs. This year's pitt panthers!

Great list, but why so many RB's? I'd like to see who you list as their counterparts for Iowa.

Qb Long
Rb kinnick
Rb Harmon
Te cook
Te Clark
Wr early
Wr Kasper
Ol Yanda
Ol galley
Ol bortz
Ol alt
Ol steinbach

Lb Tippett
Lb. Greenway
DB hanks
DB Krause

It's not loozing good fellas...

Pittsburgh and the region around it, and the Ohio River Valley area used to be the prime recruiting and talent area in football. Up until the early eighties you could get boatloads of talent from this region and compete for National Championships at a place like Pitt or Syracuse. Now not so much.

Qb Long
Rb kinnick
Rb Harmon
Te cook
Te Clark
Wr early
Wr Kasper
Ol Yanda
Ol galley
Ol bortz
Ol alt
Ol steinbach

Lb Tippett
Lb. Greenway
DB hanks
DB Krause

you missed the best lineman Iowa has ever produced, Cal Jones.

also, Kasper at WR? really?

My list was to show how futile the list would be by comparison...if you look at Kasper's numbers I believe they are as good as any other iowa receiver in the nfl...unless you want to say Tim Dwight would have put us over the top and secure this mythical victory lol cal Jones was a college all american...obviously tragic end to his young life but you can't compare him to all pro players with no body of work...plus players like he and karras would get eaten alive by any more modern dlineman

Accepted. OK.

Does anybody got a dime? ..... somebody's gotta go back and get a zhit load of dimes !

Translated - I mean come up with some names.

Qb Long
Rb kinnick
Rb Harmon
Te cook
Te Clark
Wr early
Wr Kasper
Ol Yanda
Ol galley
Ol bortz
Ol alt
Ol steinbach

Lb Tippett
Lb. Greenway
DB hanks
DB Krause

Bob Jeter, Cal Jones, Alex Karris & John Niland! Bob Sanders the NFL defensive player of the year.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to wonder if proudhawkfan is an Iowa fan or aPitt fan. Based on his love of Pitt players, his lack of knowledge of the great Iowa players and the timing of his joining Hawkeye Nation. I predict he'll disappear about as quickly as he arrived. Also arguing that players from the 50's and 60's wouldn't be able to compete with modern players is the equivalent of me arguing that a horse and buggy wouldn't be able to compete with a brand new Lexus.

My list was to show how futile the list would be by comparison...if you look at Kasper's numbers I believe they are as good as any other iowa receiver in the nfl...unless you want to say Tim Dwight would have put us over the top and secure this mythical victory lol cal Jones was a college all american...obviously tragic end to his young life but you can't compare him to all pro players with no body of work...plus players like he and karras would get eaten alive by any more modern dlineman

No it wasn't. No they aren't. Yes you can. No they wouldn't.

Qb - Dan Marino (hall of fame)
Rb - Tony Dorsett ( hof)
Rb - Lesean McCoy (all pro)
Rb - Craig " Ironhead " Heyward
Rb - CurtisMartin (hof)
WR - Larry Fitzgerald (all pro)
Te - Mike Ditka (hof)
Ol - Russ Grimm (hof)
Ol - Bill Fralic (all pro)
Ol - Reuben Brown (all pro)
Ol - Mark May (all pro)
Ol - Mark Stepnoski (all pro)

Nt - Bill Maas (all pro)
DE - Chris Doleman (hof)
Lb - Rickey Jackson (hof)
Lb - Hugh Green (all pro)
Lb - Joe Schmitt (hof)
DB - Derrell Revis (all pro)

I like our chances this year vs. This year's pitt panthers!

Where the **** is Antonio Bryant on that list?

I'm beginning to wonder if proudhawkfan is an Iowa fan or aPitt fan. Based on his love of Pitt players, his lack of knowledge of the great Iowa players and the timing of his joining Hawkeye Nation. I predict he'll disappear about as quickly as he arrived. Also arguing that players from the 50's and 60's wouldn't be able to compete with modern players is the equivalent of me arguing that a horse and buggy wouldn't be able to compete with a brand new Lexus.

you don't have to wonder. It was pretty obvious. Not sure why he thought he needed to pretend to be an Iowa fan to talk about Pitt though.

The best part was when he lists Kinnick as the starting tailback and then dismisses Cal Jones because he was just a college all-american who didn't play in the pros and played a long time ago so couldn't compete with modern players.

For the record, Kinnick probably wouldn't be Iowa's tailback anyway, he was better on defense.

I am a hawkeye...born and raised in denver, ia...proud denver cyclone...iowa hawkeye....living in waterloo . Go Hawks!!!!! Geez..have fun with it...i was simply impressed by the pitt alum :) rough crowd! I've been a gawker here for 5+ years..decided to contribute :)

And my list was pitts list...not an all inclusive iowa list..I did a 25 second response to a challenge for an iowa list...yes Bob sanders belongs....john niland....eh

Jonathan babineux would be a better dlineman...none all pro or hof....so...Bob sanders huge oversite...my bad ..2 1/2 pushups

A lot of thought into this lol PLENTY of choices for oline vs rb...seriously..if not kinnick who ? Shonn greene..ding ding ding we have a winner...yes cal Jones could have been a great pro..had we had 2 or 3 other rbs to even consider kinnick would be gone and we rename the stadium shonn greene stadium. I still have two 8485 chuck long jerseys one with rose bowl patch and both worn out as I was a 6th grade backyard all american iowa qb tossing for well over 1000 tds at the corner of Franklin and mill streets in denver iowa..a block north of kurtts grocery

coaches?
Iowa: Jones, Evashevski, Fry, or Ferentz ?
Pitt: not much to choose from, Johnny Majors

Latest posts