Legends and Leaders

goods10

These are the names of the new Big Ten divisions. Iowa's division is the Legends division.

Thoughts? I actually kind of like them.

I hadn't seen...Guess I am fine unless they let me vote to change them. <grn> Inital idea is that they lend to the historical value in the Big 10.

Anything other than a geographical naming scheme seems ridiculous to me. It makes it sound as if the conference thinks way too much of itself.

Can someone post a link to the new logo? Having trouble finding. Also, not a huge fan of the names...legends is kind of cool, but leaders...eh.

Idiotic division names. Imagine the writers and broadcasters referring to the "Leaders of the Leaders Division..." And the names being alliterative just adds to the confusion. The names sound like something 4th graders might come up with. Silvanthalas is right: Imagine if the SEC or Pac-10/12 or Big 12/10 had come up with such ridiculous names. We'd be laughing like hyenas. Huge failure Big Ten leaders...or is it legends?

Can someone post a link to the new logo?

bigtenx-inset-community.jpg

How can anyone not see the 16 in the new Big Ten logo? I can't think of any other reason to change the I to a 1.

Expansion anyone??

Don't really like the division names. There's no concrete meaning attached to each (someone said post-modern, which I thought was a good observation), and therefore will be really hard for people outside of the conference to even remember who's in which division. East/West River/Lakes would even have been better than this.

I think they found the perfect names for the two divisions... and then they put them on the championship trophy.

Stagg and Paterno show the history of the conference and are unique to the Big Ten. They should have been the names of the divisions. Instead, our division is named after a sports bar and the other sounds like a corporate seminar. These names could have been used by literally any other conference in any other sport. What a wasted opportunity...

I don't see why they didn't just say East and West. Or something simple. The simpler the better

Because now when 2 or more schools out East get added it won't look stupid with a Rutgers in the East and a Syracuse in the West. I'm not saying these 2 will join just making a point of why you don't hadicap yourself with geography names.

Who is taking credit for the names? Im sure the other conferences will take some shots, thought east-west would have sufficed.