Lebron / MJ

Give me LBJ. He’s a better overall athlete than Jordan because he’s taller and stronger and impacts the game in more ways.

It’s also a different era of basketball and in my opinion, a better era. The players are more complete and are better at creating their own shot. It’s a more physical game and I don’t mean just fouling somebody hard.

I used to say if I’m picking a player for a game, I want LBJ but if I want somebody to take last second shot, I’d want Jordan but I think Lebron has proven he’s clutch as well.

Give me LBJ. He’s a better overall athlete than Jordan because he’s taller and stronger and impacts the game in more ways.

It’s also a different era of basketball and in my opinion, a better era. The players are more complete and are better at creating their own shot. It’s a more physical game and I don’t mean just fouling somebody hard.

I used to say if I’m picking a player for a game, I want LBJ but if I want somebody to take last second shot, I’d want Jordan but I think Lebron has proven he’s clutch as well.

Not sure about being more physical today. Guard play was much more physical back in the day with hand checking that has been called much more closely (see video with Kenny Smith).

However, what LeBron is doing this year is amazing. And, LeBron is very clutch. If Kevin Love can return and the supporting Cavs hit some shots, it could be interesting. If the Cavs somehow win the title, it would be LeBron's greatest achievement.

Unreal... 8 strait. The guy has played 3 full NBA seasons worth of playoff games in his career.. The amount of miles he's put on his legs compared to every other player is just nuts. His 15 yrs is more like 18. He plays so many mins and is so ridiculously productive. If he was half as good of a GM as he is as a player he'd have won more of those titles but it sure doesn't take away from what he's done and is still doing.. It's just unreal.

Anybody think Cleveland has a prayer of a chance? GS is just a mismatch nightmare for Cleveland. I think Houston showed that GS can play stretches of bad ball but it's hard to hold them down for an entire 48 mins. The best shot at beating them is get Durant in foul trouble so he plays less mins and beat Curry up. Just Jordan rule the crap out of him. Beating them strait up in a shootout just won't end well for Cleveland... If Cleveland still had a Kyrie Irving type PG to counteract Curry it'd be one thing but....

Anybody think Cleveland has a prayer of a chance? GS is just a mismatch nightmare for Cleveland. I think Houston showed that GS can play stretches of bad ball but it's hard to hold them down for an entire 48 mins. The best shot at beating them is get Durant in foul trouble so he plays less mins and beat Curry up. Just Jordan rule the crap out of him. Beating them strait up in a shootout just won't end well for Cleveland... If Cleveland still had a Kyrie Irving type PG to counteract Curry it'd be one thing but....

I'll say Cleveland wins 1 game. I'd say 2 games would be a max and I'd say it's more likely that the Cavs get swept than win 2 games.

I'll say Cleveland wins 1 game. I'd say 2 games would be a max and I'd say it's more likely that the Cavs get swept than win 2 games.
Yeah I'm pretty much right there with ya. If Cavs were to win this series it'd be a pretty darn shocking deal. I can't see how it'd be done. Lebron can only do so much

Not sure about being more physical today. Guard play was much more physical back in the day with hand checking that has been called much more closely (see video with Kenny Smith).

However, what LeBron is doing this year is amazing. And, LeBron is very clutch. If Kevin Love can return and the supporting Cavs hit some shots, it could be interesting. If the Cavs somehow win the title, it would be LeBron's greatest achievement.

It's harder to pressure the ball handlers when you have 4-5 guys on the floor who can all shoot, dribble and pass. Go back to the Shaq and Barkley days you had a post presence, no Defensive 3 seconds so there was more congestion in the lane and more help behind you.

I think it's been said several places, Lebron is the most physically gifted basketball player in history. But if I can choose 1 guy in their prime to win a game 7 of the NBA Final, give me MJ every time.

the GAME is not more physical now than it was in the Jordan Era, if you think so you are either clueless as can be or got your head up LBJ's rear....

Jordan all day long everyday of the week

the GAME is not more physical now than it was in the Jordan Era, if you think so you are either clueless as can be or got your head up LBJ's rear....

Jordan all day long everyday of the week
pointing-up.jpg

v1.bTsxMTE2ODkyODtqOzE3NzY5OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA

I've gone on record as someone who never was an MJ fan, but I find it impossible to compare different players from different eras.

Whether the game is more physical or not now, I'm not sure. With that said though, as an fan of the NBA I will say that "back in the day" I knew what was and wasn't a foul...now I have no idea.

Latest posts