Lebron / MJ

This has been debated for years and for me Numbers are just that Numbers and if I had to choose between the 2 and having been afforded the luxury of watching both careers I will take JORDAN EVERYDAY of the WEEK..

The big question that would have really been the Oh Boy is if Pippen was asked you have 1st pick between MJ and Lebron who do you take..

Jordan was a winner. It's that simple. LeBron is one of the greatest of all time, but I've seen him disappear in crunch time too many times. Look at the last minute of Jordan's last championship. That will tell you all you need to know. He dominated. He refused to lose. He was the greatest combination of physical and mental toughness I've ever seen.
LBJ may have the best skill set ever, but he's not the best player.

Jordan did his fair share of disappearing as well. They aren't as widely publicized. The Bad Boy Pistons had their way with him several times. I'm not arguing either way, just saying that so many Jordan fans will never admit that anyone will ever be better than him, no matter what. I'll take Wilt all day, every day.

In the final five seconds [in the playoffs], in regulation and overtime, LeBron James is 6-for-12 in game-winning attempts, while Michael Jordan is 5-for-11.

I've watched both play numerous times. They are both amazing athletes and great basketball players.

The majority of statistical comparisons are fairly meaningless. They played in two completely separate eras and the games were different. Also, Jordan did not come straight out of H.S., and he took two years off to pursue baseball. Lastly, his teams were primarily built around defense, therefore he was forced to take on the majority of the scoring responsibilities, whereas, Lebron has almost always had teams with other major scoring threats. Opposing teams routinely were able to devote almost all of their resources to defending Jordan, and, yet, he still managed to dominate.

IMO, Jordan is the best to ever play the game. As was mentioned above, what separated him, beyond his freakish physical ability, was his mental make-up. When he was locked in and determined, his will to win made him almost unstoppable. On top of all that, he was arguably the best defensive player to ever play the game (again, when he was motivated and determined).

The debates will never end. You can throw in Magic, Bird, Wilt, Kareem, Oscar, Kobe, etc., etc., but, to me, Jordan was the pinnacle.

Jordan did his fair share of disappearing as well. They aren't as widely publicized. The Bad Boy Pistons had their way with him several times. I'm not arguing either way, just saying that so many Jordan fans will never admit that anyone will ever be better than him, no matter what. I'll take Wilt all day, every day.

No one ever talked about getting rid of Jordan. Instead, they decided that Doug Collins was the problem and replaced him with Phil Jackson.

Terrible game plan on Boston's part. All they had to do was double LeBron the entire night. There is no reason they should have lost that game at home. Stevens really let me down.

Latest posts