Latest RPI

the website I used for my list of conference rpi's is called warrennolan.com. it is a great source for anything rpi related. the website is updated like every 10 minutes. the nitty gritty report is great to see how teams are trending.

You want them to win out, if Iowa cannot get their RPI into the 80's then forget about NCAA and there is no way Iowa can do it alone without making a deep run in the BTT. You want them right behind Iowa in the B1G standings.

Also believe it or not UNI & Iowa State can help by winning.

Drake can help too. They play Wichita State on the road, whom they have already beat. Just playing #11 RPI Wichita State will move Drake up, and subsequently Iowa.

the website I used for my list of conference rpi's is called warrennolan.com. it is a great source for anything rpi related. the website is updated like every 10 minutes. the nitty gritty report is great to see how teams are trending.

I think this feeds Rivals/Yahoo Sports
Rivals 2/24
126 (0.5261)

WarrenNolan 2/24
126 (0.5261)

Drake can help too. They play Wichita State on the road, whom they have already beat. Just playing #11 RPI Wichita State will move Drake up, and subsequently Iowa.

Pretty much any of our non conference opponents can help by winning. Who would have thought those early season wins against Chicago St and Northern Illinois could potentially come back and bite us?

I dont have a crystal ball, but i think 75ish is possible. Looks like the Wisconsin win increased our RPI 0.0069. Now home games are multiplied by a 0.6 factor where a road win is more than double with a 1.4 factor.
Here is my guess as to where our RPI would be assuming 4 wins in a row:

Currently 126
RPI 104 - Illinois on the road +0.013
RPI 97- Nebraska on the road +0.007
RPI 85- Northwestern at home +0.005
RPI 80- Minnesota neutral +0.006
RPI 79- Losing to Michigan or OSU on neutral +0.001

= 0.5581 increase which right now is an RPI of 79 where Minnesota currently sits.

Moved up 1 spot without playing.

Rivals 2/26
125 (0.5273)

RealTime RPI 2/26
125 (0.5259) up from 0.5192

CBS
TBD

StatSheet 2/24
126 (0.5274)

Iowa has a long way to go. The Hawk's adjusted winning percentage is still below five-hundred at .465. In contrast, Cincinnati, which was sitting at 82 at the beginning of the week has an adjusted winning percentage approaching seven-hundred. Going into today's game the Bearcat's winning percentage is .683. Or over two-hundred points better than Iowa's.

Also, Iowa doesn't want Michigan to win because the Hawk's only played them once. Purdue's victory over the Wolves was beneficial to Iowa. Why? Because the Boilermaker's winning percentage counts twice as much as Michigan's. The fact that Iowa lost twice to Purdue and beat Michigan is irrelevant in determing the Hawk's opponents' winning percentage. Likewise, Iowa wants Wisconsin to win today because Iowa played the Badgers twice & the Bucks only once.

The only way Iowa will gain anything in opponents' winning percentage in conference play is if teams Iowa played once lose to teams Iowa played twice.

Last edited:
I know its fun to hope... But we are not making the NCAA tournament this year.

Just enjoy the rest of the season and think about the future. We actually have a real basketball coach for the first time since Mr. Davis.

Latest RPI is set on realtimerpi - 116 for Iowa.
They've jump 30 spots in 1 week.

Stormin' let's calm down. Remember your post last week about Iowa moving up fifteen places. Well, they only moved up four places.

Everybody should just calm down & wait for the NCAA to release the official rankings every Monday. Most other sites are highly inaccurate. Partial information, wrong results, etc.

Now if Iowa is 116 tomorrow, then maybe you can get a little excited.

Here is the link.

NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Rankings - NCAA.com

Everything else is smoke & mirrors. All they want you to do is spend your money to get the accurate results. Though, CBS Sports is pretty good.

After all, the offical results are all that count!

Latest RPI is set on realtimerpi - 116 for Iowa.They've jump 30 spots in 1 week.
Stormin' let's calm down. Remember your post last week about Iowa moving up fifteen places. Well, they only moved up four places. Everybody should just calm down & wait for the NCAA to release the official rankings every Monday. Most other sites are highly inaccurate. Partial information, wrong results, etc. Now if Iowa is 116 tomorrow, then maybe you can get a little excited. Here is the link. NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Rankings - NCAA.com Everything else is smoke & mirrors. All they want you to do is spend your money to get the accurate results. Though, CBS Sports is pretty good. After all, the offical results are all that count!
highly inaccurate? umm no

It's pretty cut and dried. Iowa has to win their next three games and their opening round B1G game to have a chance at a bid.

It's pretty cut and dried. Iowa has to win their next three games and their opening round B1G game to have a chance at a bid.

Jon, even if this happens I think the RPI is still important. You really think they take a 19-14 team with an RPI in the 90s as an at large? That first round BTT game could be Penn State or Nebraska.

Hopefully they keep winning so we can keep debating this.

Stormin' let's calm down. Remember your post last week about Iowa moving up fifteen places. Well, they only moved up four places.

Everybody should just calm down & wait for the NCAA to release the official rankings every Monday. Most other sites are highly inaccurate. Partial information, wrong results, etc.

Now if Iowa is 116 tomorrow, then maybe you can get a little excited.

Here is the link.

NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Rankings - NCAA.com

Everything else is smoke & mirrors. All they want you to do is spend your money to get the accurate results. Though, CBS Sports is pretty good.

After all, the offical results are all that count!

I've used realtimerpi all season to keep a constant look at an rpi. They did move up 15 spots, and another 10.

I also use Pomeroy as a basis too (I like his rankings best and always have)

Latest posts