Latest Coe tweets

Awww thanks man. But I didn't get you a valentine's day present. :rolleyes:

Sorry if you don't think someone can be awesome or fun or cool if they don't drink. I feel sorry for you.

It was a joke in the first place, of which you couldn't handle and felt the need to respond with why you don't drink.

I couldn't care less if you don't drink, IT WAS A JOKE.

It was a joke in the first place, of which you couldn't handle and felt the need to respond with why you don't drink.

I couldn't care less if you don't drink, IT WAS A JOKE.

Try a different sarcasm/joke face. Truth is I lived in a frat and heard the why don't you drink a lot. It always bugs me when people have no idea who I am or never met me assume I'm "lame" cause I don't drink. Didn't realize it was a joke.

Try a different sarcasm/joke face. Truth is I lived in a frat and heard the why don't you drink a lot. It always bugs me when people have no idea who I am or never met me assume I'm "lame" cause I don't drink. Didn't realize it was a joke.
Sounds to me like you need to lighten up. An occasional DRINK will do that!

Those 3 big grinning faces didn't give it away?

Those 3 big grinning faces didn't give it away?
I was talking about your second post. knew you were joking in the first one. I was just doing some explaining when i replied to that. just stating how i felt about it. didn't mean to offend you with that one or anything

Farmer I'm kind of jealous of you and not drinking. Perhaps if I too didn't drink maybe I could remember what all the strippers looked like that I spent so much money on the night before. Atleast I can blame drooling on their boobies due to being wasted...

Ah yes drunk facebooking or texting. 100 years ago it was beep, beep, bee beep, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

You guys are relentless and I wonder where the disorder really is. He can do whatever he wants. It's not up to us. All we can do is to try and understand and support whatever it is he decides to do. Any kid who had it in their heart to pound the rock for Iowa, is not a bad kid. Lets try being a little more supportive in whatever any kid who wants to or does make it to being a Hawk. Hard to question a kids heart when he had to go the Juco route and still kept his nose to the grind stone in an effort to become a Hawk. I like those stories and I wish him the best of luck.
The smartest, fastest or strongest mouse is not the one who had a straight path thru the maze, but rather the one who had many turns and dead ends, yet still showed determination and found it's way to where it was going.

The smartest, fastest or strongest mouse is not the one who had a straight path thru the maze, but rather the one who had many turns and dead ends, yet still showed determination and found it's way to where it was going.

What the hell does that even mean?

Rodney-Don't sweat it man life is short,especially in sports. But understand your window is getting smaller so don't hastily ignore advice from your elders. Not that you should blindly follow either its just a real good idea to pay attention and try to actually "hear" what people are saying.Thats the hardest part. You hear the words but grasping the meaning is not always that easy.
My kids have both played their sports and I mightily struggled to give them as much help as I possibly could to be prepared and get the most of their time and talents. Both did well and I can say thankfully they understood enough of the "talks" to enjoy the experience but both understood in a very short time the ideas and suggestions they didn't get while playing. Its just sometimes you have to have faith and trust in the right people that if you do your part they will do theirs. Good luck no matter you go.
If you know what you truly want and your willing to give it all you've got you will have a chance to influence your future and how it turns out.

some of the comments about Coe in this thread and especially underneath the front page article are embarrassing.

No kidding.

Here's a kid who was a stud RB in high school who thought he would hit the stage big time carrying the rock in the B1G conference. Instead, grades forced him to go JUCO for a year or two and the D1 school where he planned to make his splash apparently is telling him they want him to play on the other side of the ball. His 16- and 17-year-old dreams have had a couple big buckets of cold water thrown on them. Yesterday's tweets largely looked to be out of frustration. Who hasn't been there and wanted to get ugly with the world?

As Diesel notes, it's a good thing social media wasn't around when most of us were in high school or college; it's a whole new way of communicating with literally the world, and many of us would have said or posted something really dumb many, many times.

Hope it works out for Rodney and he figures out what he wants to do. If he still wants to be a RB, I hope he pursues that and finds a school where he'll be allowed to, whether or not that is Iowa. Either way, my sense is he's a good kid and would be a real asset for Iowa football.

You lick that stamp and that beooch is gone. Well 10 hours later when the mail man shows up.
At you had a chance to intercept it at the mail box before it was brought in the house!
which always made it fun when I was the temp fill-in for mail delivery in the dorm mailboxes.

As for Coe, I like his attitude under duress (was going to say his spunk, but that sure didn't sound right). He could prove to be an animal on either side of the ball.

As said before, "youth is a fault, that improves daily with age"! ;)

Latest posts