Latest Bowl Projections

ssckelley

Both 247 and Yahoo are projecting Iowa to go to the ReliaQuest Bowl, formerly known as Outback. 247 has Iowa rematches against Kentucky while Yahoo says Ole Miss.

I'd rather see Iowa play a lesser opponent...say in Detroit and destroy them. Hack up all the phlem on offense and let it rip....just once

I'd rather see Iowa play a lesser opponent...say in Detroit and destroy them. Hack up all the phlem on offense and let it rip....just once
The only way that would have happened is if Iowa was going into this game against Nebraska needing a win to get bowl eligible. Even if Iowa loses Friday there’s no way they slip that far with 7 wins.

I‘m happy they are on a 4 game winning streak and brought Floyd back home. I’ll take the 4 game winning streak that, hopefully, turns to 5 and a bowl loss over a barely get to 6 wins and beat a MAC opponent in Detroit any day.

Sagarin has Iowa at 21 and Ole miss at 22. Can't get much closer than that.

Sagarin has Iowa at 21 and Ole miss at 22. Can't get much closer than that.

surprisingly similar program over the long haul. Iowa has been far more consistent over the last 40 years

The Husker faithful have been pointing to each game as a turning point in the franchise. Beating Iowa in IC to ruin Iowa's shot at Indy is the latest.

I don't see it happening. It has been a long season and I don't see them somehow discovering how to win a close game on the road against a rival this week, not after 8 years of demonstrated futility.

Nebraska needs a full reset. They are currently broken.

The Husker faithful have been pointing to each game as a turning point in the franchise. Beating Iowa in IC to ruin Iowa's shot at Indy is the latest.

I don't see it happening. It has been a long season and I don't see them somehow discovering how to win a close game on the road against a rival this week, not after 8 years of demonstrated futility.

Nebraska needs a full reset. They are currently broken.
But what does a full reset look like? They've fully reset twice now in the past decade and they're about to do it again. By the end of this year they'll be on their 5th head coach (6th if you count Barney Cotton) , 6th OC, 5th DC, and 4th athletic director in the last 10 years. I personally don't think a reset is going to help.

nebraska faces hurdles now that it didn't back in the day and they have just as equal chances of getting back to perennial bowl status as any other crappy team with a history of being sub .500.

Their list of issues to overcome is long. Scholarship limits killed their game plan when they put those rules in place.

They don't have a national brand anymore. Each year after they fired Solich it trickled away, and let's face it, most nebraska residents under the age of 14 (where being a life-long fan starts) aren't old enough to remember their last bowl game. No current players were even alive when they were good.

They lose almost all of their best in-state talent, which is ever dwindling anyway. I mean, name a really good nebraska high schooler that's made a splash since Noah Fant and Keagen Johnson (both poached by Iowa). Cam Jurgens is meh, and he's the only one I can think off the top of my head.

The money thing is over. All "major" teams are rich now with TV deals. Lots of them have huge donor bases and can afford whatever they want.

It's where coaches go to die. Coaches know that and good coaches aren't gonna go there because there's just as good money other places, where when they leave it won't be disgraced and having a ruined career like Pelini, Piley, Frost, and Joseph (hopefully not for him).

Last edited:
But what does a full reset look like? They've fully reset twice now in the past decade and they're about to do it again. By the end of this year they'll be on their 5th head coach (6th if you count Barney Cotton) , 6th OC, 5th DC, and 4th athletic director in the last 10 years. I personally don't think a reset is going to help.

nebraska faces hurdles now that it didn't back in the day and they have just as equal chances of getting back to perennial bowl status as any other crappy team with a history of being sub .500.

Their list of issues to overcome is long. Scholarship limits killed their game plan when they put those rules in place.

They don't have a national brand anymore. Each year after they fired Solich it trickled away, and let's face it, most nebraska residents under the age of 14 (where being a life-long fan starts) aren't old enough to remember their last bowl game. No current players were even alive when they were good.

They lose almost all of their best in-state talent, which is ever dwindling anyway. I mean, name a really good nebraska high schooler that's made a splash since Noah Fant and Keagen Johnson (both poached by Iowa). Cam Jurgens is meh, and he's the only one I can think off the top of my head.

The money thing is over. All "major" teams are rich now with TV deals. Lots of them have huge donor bases and can afford whatever they want.

It's where coaches go to die. Coaches know that and good coaches aren't gonna go there because there's just as good money other places, where when they leave it won't be disgraced and having a ruined career like Pelini, Piley, Frost, and Joseph (hopefully not for him).
My honest opinion is Nebby needs to accept the fact they're mediocre (and that's being generous) at best and actually establish some continuity and actually make a good hire. We all know Frost wasn't the guy and the fan base needs to realize they aren't going from the cellar to middle of the pack in a 3-4 year span so they need to actually support whoever they bring in and be realistic with the fact that it's going to take time to become relevant.

Bottom line as we all agree Nebby did this to themselves and lets all enjoy the dumpster fire continue, because based on recent history things aren't going to get much better.

My honest opinion is Nebby needs to accept the fact they're mediocre (and that's being generous) at best and actually establish some continuity and actually make a good hire. We all know Frost wasn't the guy and the fan base needs to realize they aren't going from the cellar to middle of the pack in a 3-4 year span so they need to actually support whoever they bring in and be realistic with the fact that it's going to take time to become relevant.

Bottom line as we all agree Nebby did this to themselves and lets all enjoy the dumpster fire continue, because based on recent history things aren't going to get much better.
nebraska = Maryland/Indiana.

They're not quite as shit as NW and Rutgers, but pretty close.

Latest posts