Last Second Shot Foul!

coonhawk

Anyone else think it is BS that refs won't call last second fouls? Both of the upsets today were prime examples. I agree that refs shouldn't decide the games, but in a way they kind of are deciding the game by not making the call.

Anyone else think it is BS that refs won't call last second fouls? Both of the upsets today were prime examples. I agree that refs shouldn't decide the games, but in a way they kind of are deciding the game by not making the call.

Agree 100%

I didn't think the Morehead State guy fouled him. Was clean up top for sure, I didn't get a good look to see if there was some body contact that could have been called as I was looking at the ball, but it looked like a good no call to me.

I remember when Iowa was called for a phantom foul on a last second...nearly half court shot by Minnesota. I believe it was the triple OT game in 1983.

I didn't think the Morehead State guy fouled him. Was clean up top for sure, I didn't get a good look to see if there was some body contact that could have been called as I was looking at the ball, but it looked like a good no call to me.

He fouled him on the arms and on the body....maybe way at the top he got ball but not from there down.

not sure today was a foul but I have always had an issue with the last seconds being called differently. if its a foul at the beginning it should be a foul at the end.

MSU game the refs didn't swallow their whistles. I know it wasn't a foul, but they called the travel with under a second left. Good call and I was surprised they made it.

I didn't see the Richmond finish, but the Morehead block was clean. The defender had position and went straight up. The contact was initiated by the shooter. And if the shooter initiates the contact with a set defender who is straight up, there is no foul. If the defender had left his feet, or leaned in, there would have been a call. But that was a very good no-call.

I didn't see the Richmond finish, but the Morehead block was clean. The defender had position and went straight up. The contact was initiated by the shooter. And if the shooter initiates the contact with a set defender who is straight up, there is no foul. If the defender had left his feet, or leaned in, there would have been a call. But that was a very good no-call.

Except that his right hand wasn't straight up the whole time and he came out on the shooter with his body....his right hand went down on the shooter also which is a foul.

Sounds like a bracket talking OP post here. Don't worry unless you are a total bonehead, this first round loss shouldn't hurt that much.

Latest posts