Last few commitments???

WDMHAWKEYE

It sounds like we will take somewhere around 5 more commitments. But it seems like we have a good chances at more than 5 players. Does anyone else think this could be a problem? Who do you think we will end up with?

Eric Williams - QB
Greg Garmon - RB
Akeel Lynch - RB
Tevaun Smith - WR
Malik Golden - WR
Jehu Chesson - WR
Alex Kozan - OL
Mike Shoff - OL
Aaron Curry - DL
Nate Lohn - DL
Tommy Schutt - DL
Jake Sheffield - DL
Trace Clark - DL
Quanzell Lambert - LB
Anthony Morgan - DB

You forgot a few OLs.

Either way, I'd hope the breakdown looks like this:

OL
LB
DE/DT
RB
WR/DB
Maybe a QB

I hope for Kozan, Garmon, Chesson, Sheffield and Lambert (LB or DE),

I forgot to add that I want Morgan at Safety as well

Last edited:
I wouldn't keep my hopes high on Garmon. Sounds like he really enjoyed his visit to Miami this weekend and is close to giving Al Golden his commitment.

Odd they are after him hot, looking at their 2 RB commits they already have in this class.. and 28 commits already.. damn

Odd they are after him hot, looking at their 2 RB commits they already have in this class.. and 28 commits already.. damn

I'm guessing one of their recruits at RB will be changing positions. Or they want Garmon too (though I doubt he would want to), but maybe they will tell him after he signs.

who knows. I'll keep hoping until I hear it is official.

I wouldn't keep my hopes high on Garmon. Sounds like he really enjoyed his visit to Miami this weekend and is close to giving Al Golden his commitment.

Yeah sounds like he is gone, not that I blame him cause if he comes in and is not #1 guy he won't even touch the ball cause the Coaches like to run the #1 guy to death and only him.

What is the max amount of commitments we could take? Could we take 9 more?

Greg Garmon
Akeel Lynch
Tevaun Smith
Malik Golden
Jehu Chesson
Alex Kozan
Aaron Curry
Nate Lohn
Anthony Morgan

What is the max amount of commitments we could take? Could we take 9 more?

Greg Garmon
Akeel Lynch
Tevaun Smith
Malik Golden
Jehu Chesson
Alex Kozan
Aaron Curry
Nate Lohn
Anthony Morgan

no I think the max is 20 for this class unless more leave. I don't think you get both Garmon and Lynch anyway, and I doubt we take 3 more WR.

You forgot a few OLs.

Either way, I'd hope the breakdown looks like this:

OL
LB
DE/DT
RB
WR/DB
Maybe a QB

I like this, adding depth everywhere.
Most likely IMHO -
Kozan
Lambert (only LB we are still recruiting?)
Lohn or Curry
Lynch (nothing against Garmon but with his medical history we would be tempting the angry running back Gods.)
Golden or Smith
QB-St Ignatius guy looks like the only guy we are interested in now.

Lambert for LB
Morgan for DB
a surprise QB or Williams
OL no one we have heard of
DL no one we have heard of unless sheffield comes in
Lynch for RB

No more WRs, just a gut feeling

These are all guesses. I have a feeling that if we get Bradley to come in as our DC we are gonna get some PSU recruits.

I also feel there is about a 1% chance Ferentz leaves for the NFL but if that happens we will see a lot of deflections on the recruiting trail.

There are a lot of things that can happen here so I guess we will have to hang tight but I am not confident we get anyone else of significant star factor.

I like this, adding depth everywhere.
Most likely IMHO -
Kozan
Lambert (only LB we are still recruiting?)
Lohn or Curry
Lynch (nothing against Garmon but with his medical history we would be tempting the angry running back Gods.)
Golden or Smith
QB-St Ignatius guy looks like the only guy we are interested in now.

Forgot about Sheffield the Juco/Marine DT

And Chesson.

But yeah, looks like a decent guide.

Forgot about Sheffield the Juco/Marine DT

And Chesson.

But yeah, looks like a decent guide.

Let me add that I am already assuming that Morgan is secretly committed with the announcement coming this Wednesday.
I don't hold out much hope for Chesson because of that tweet he made to Darboh, making it sound like he was following him to Michigan. But Golden switching from PSU to us would be at the very least, a fair trade IMHO.

Garmon still has Iowa at the top of his list and won't announce til Jan 3rd at a all star game three weeks from today

my list has
Garmon rb 4*
Lambert lb 4*
Kozan ol 4*
Williams qb 2*
Clark de 3*
somehow i think we take 22 in this class
we have 18 seniors
Grant and Raymon left
Vier is on a medical scholarship which does not count against the 85 limit
and we ussually lose 1-3 after the season is done, not to mention there has been no word on McCall

Latest posts