LB Quanzell Lambert
RB Greg Garmon
OL Alex Kozan
DL Jake Sheffield
QB Cody Sokol
ATH Tevin Shaw
WR Ray Martin
DL Nate Lohn

I also think 1 guy will decommit. I don't know who or where he'll go, but going the whole year without a single guy decommitting is extremely rare.

16 current commits+8 new players-1 decommit=23 player class.

O'Conner looks pretty good
Sheffield still has no offer and is still commited to ASU
Diamond is gone by way of Schutt, meaning hung up on the name of a school
Garmon is down to Iowa and Miami and went on a visit to Arkansas and 247 still has him listed with Iowa on top

Kozan OL
Lambert LB
Garmon RB
O'Conner OL
Sokol JUCO QB
Williams QB
those seem to be the most likely
with a CB
and WR
the JUCO will not count against this years class as he is planning on coming this spring
there is also a outside chance of getting Boehm listed as a center on ESPN and Scout
guard on Rivals
this is coming from people off site that have no interest in msg boards

Last edited:
O'Conner looks pretty good
Sheffield still has no offer and is still commited to ASU
Diamond is gone by way of Schutt

O'Conner would definitely be a good pick up; I think the key on the line will be how many players the Hawkeyes want to take at each position.

According to 247sports, Sheffield does hold an Iowa offer and is only a "soft" verbal to ASU. According to Scout, he doesn't have an offer and is a "soft" verbal to ASU. According to Rivals, he doesn't have an offer and is a "Commitment" for ASU; I believe that Rivals doesn't list degrees of commitment. ESPN doesn't list an Iowa offer and says he's committed to ASU. He committed to Arizona State before their coaching change, which I think is significant.

O'Conner would definitely be a good pick up; I think the key on the line will be how many players the Hawkeyes want to take at each position.

According to 247sports, Sheffield does hold an Iowa offer and is only a "soft" verbal to ASU. According to Scout, he doesn't have an offer and is a "soft" verbal to ASU. According to Rivals, he doesn't have an offer and is a "Commitment" for ASU; I believe that Rivals doesn't list degrees of commitment. ESPN doesn't list an Iowa offer and says he's committed to ASU. He committed to Arizona State before their coaching change, which I think is significant.

I think Rivals does do "soft verbal" as a commit status, jumper...or at least, they used to...maybe they stopped?

So far we haven't been able to get O'Connor to visit. But it does look like Sheffield liked his visit and is seriously considering us.
Per the Penn St site (and they have a lot of experience with this, this year :) when a commit takes a visit elsewhere, their commitment is changed to the "soft" variety.

The Iowa Rivals site publisher has a premium article out today with a tease saying Sheffield has a decision to make and that Iowa looks to have a pretty good shot.

They sure as heck seem to think he has an offer.

Garmon still has Iowa at the top of his list and won't announce til Jan 3rd at a all star game three weeks from today

my list has
Garmon rb 4*
Lambert lb 4*
Kozan ol 4*
Williams qb 2*
Clark de 3*
somehow i think we take 22 in this class
we have 18 seniors
Grant and Raymon left
Vier is on a medical scholarship which does not count against the 85 limit
and we ussually lose 1-3 after the season is done, not to mention there has been no word on McCall

Clark committed to Okie St. over the weekend.

The Iowa Rivals site publisher has a premium article out today with a tease saying Sheffield has a decision to make and that Iowa looks to have a pretty good shot.

They sure as heck seem to think he has an offer.

I think he probably has an offer. A lot of times within the bureaucracy of recruiting sites, the team-specific publishers have a better idea of who has an offer and who doesn't, but those publishers aren't the ones that update the individual player's page. Sheffield's player page doesn't list an offer right now; that's all I was saying. Rivals is usually pretty good about updating (much better than Scout, IMO), but they sometimes miss some.

For those still hoping for Diamond.

Simeon (Chicago) and ESPNU 150 offensive tackle Jordan Diamond spent the weekend visiting Auburn and in the process named a top five.

Diamond named Arkansas, Auburn, Michigan, Ohio State and Wisconsin as his leaders. He visited Ohio State last weekend and will visit the remaining three schools in January. He isn’t ruling out teams outside that group, though.

“I’d call it a top five but anything can happen,” Diamond said. “I still got interest in Iowa and Michigan State and Miami.”

Sheffield -

Saw a write up on him recently that stated one of the reasons for his ASU selection originally was location as he apparently has a son located in CA.

Makes Iowa a tough choice I would guess.

Would you want to play for that scum Graham. he may send you a text next week and say he's moved onto to his dream position

Latest posts