Last Bama Score was low class

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't that last touchdown ensure that 'Bama covered the spread? Had they kneeled down...Texas would've been the winning bet"

Spread was -4.5.

If Texas had taken their final timeout, Bama would not have been able to just kneel and run out the clock. There was a 1:40 left, if Texas calls a TO and Bama kneels, Texas would get the ball back with about 10 seconds left unless Bama ran around for a few seconds before kneeling.

So they ran the ball straight ahead to take up more time. It's not like he called a pass play, reverse or some exotic play. They ran the ball straight up the middle and Texas didn't stop it. I can't believe people have a problem with this.

Looks like Bama had some money on the game.
Now it all makes sense, cover the spread and roll your 400K bonus for winning the championship in to some extra coin. Saban is brilliant!

Just my opinion but why didn't they just take a knee instead of putting another touchdown on the board.
Lack of class!

I could not agree more. Saban is a low class individual and it certainlyl did not take last night for me to know that.

If Texas had taken their final timeout, Bama would not have been able to just kneel and run out the clock. There was a 1:40 left, if Texas calls a TO and Bama kneels, Texas would get the ball back with about 10 seconds left unless Bama ran around for a few seconds before kneeling.

So they ran the ball straight ahead to take up more time. It's not like he called a pass play, reverse or some exotic play. They ran the ball straight up the middle and Texas didn't stop it. I can't believe people have a problem with this.

Yes, but when Texas stopped them on 1st down and didn't take a timeout it was pretty obvious they had conceded. 'Bama could've taken a knee on 2nd down with just over a minute left and run it out with another knee on 3rd down. I don't think that score makes Saban classless, he's already proven he is that throughout his career. I was just mad I lost my teaser with the score!

Latest posts