Larson and coach

I'm not bashing him...I just don't want him in Iowa City (which looks like it is not going to happen regardless sooo whatever...) bring in Basabe!!!

I think it goes to show Larson has poor decision making skills at times and I'm presonally glad he's not going to be a Hawkeye. I have no personal bone to pick with Cody, I'm just fed up with athletes and their crap. I want kids who come in, APPRECIATE the fact they are blessed to receive a free education for being allowed to PLAY a game. Kid sounds like he's used to having his rear end kissed and when something doesn't go the way he wants it to, he cries foul.

The Hawks are better off moving on and getting kids who want to be Hawkeyes like Zach McCabe. This kid wants to be a Hawk regardless of the coach. That is a kid I will root for and support.

Not just MIke Gatens..there was a group of Hawk Alums that wanted Coach Lickliter removed and they got their wish.

Not just MIke Gatens..there was a group of Hawk Alums that wanted Coach Lickliter removed and they got their wish.

Gotta love it, don'tcha!?!? It seemed 75% or more of the fanbase wanted him gone, then when it happens it was because of one player's dad...supposedly.

Gotta love it, don'tcha!?!? It seemed 75% or more of the fanbase wanted him gone, then when it happens it was because of one player's dad...supposedly.

I doubt Barta made this decision solely on one players father.

Imagine if Lick was still here right now. Would Fuller still be here? Would both Larson and Brust still be committed to Iowa? Would Gatens still be a Hawkeye? If your answer is "No" to any of those questions then all of Hawkeye nation (alumni, message boards, and fans) would be calling for Barta's head had he stuck it out with Lick. Barta had no other choice than to fire Lick. Even if it was just Fuller leaving the entire Hawkeye community would be blaming Lick.

I doubt Barta made this decision solely on one players father.

Imagine if Lick was still here right now. Would Fuller still be here? Would both Larson and Brust still be committed to Iowa? Would Gatens still be a Hawkeye? If your answer is "No" to any of those questions then all of Hawkeye nation (alumni, message boards, and fans) would be calling for Barta's head had he stuck it out with Lick. Barta had no other choice than to fire Lick. Even if it was just Fuller leaving the entire Hawkeye community would be blaming Lick.

Agreed...the fanbase would be melting down if all of this, or some of it, was happening with Lickliter still at the helm.

I hope Larson re-considers,but I do not expect it.
I found his AAU coach to have super thin skin,and unwisely was posting on message boards complaining about the handful of Iowa fans on bb boards who do what message board fans do...complain in a losing season about the coach.

I will say that if Larson is better than Mike Miller, he is on his way to the NBA.
I will watch his progress to see if this AAU coach is accurate.
I have my doubts,but you never know.
I hope Larson decides to honor his commitment to Iowa.

Could you imagine what the boards would be doing if Lick was still the coach and Fuller transferred? Take all of the other players out of the equation. There would be pure fire on all of the boards aimed at Lick and Barta. We would be heading in to yet another season that there was NO promise of post season play. We would be heading down a slope of yet another lame duck season that recruiting was going to be almost impossible because every other coach would use Lick's shaky status to their advantage.

I think you would be hard pressed to find one fan that could stand up and support Lick had this happened and let's face it, it would have.

Licks gone, Fullers gone, Brust is gone and Larson is gone. None of that is going to change. Fran is busting his hump trying to get his staff put together and putting together a MASH unit of recruits. Next year isn't going to be pretty but I can say with little doubt that it's going to be better than this year.

everyone talks about a division on the team. I have never seen anything concrete about this. No one ever comes forward and talks about what the division actually is about. Makes me wonder if this is another internet rumor gone wild.

I hope Larson re-considers,but I do not expect it.
I found his AAU coach to have super thin skin,and unwisely was posting on message boards complaining about the handful of Iowa fans on bb boards who do what message board fans do...complain in a losing season about the coach.

I will say that if Larson is better than Mike Miller, he is on his way to the NBA.
I will watch his progress to see if this AAU coach is accurate.
I have my doubts,but you never know.
I hope Larson decides to honor his commitment to Iowa.

Sounds like this coach has way too much influnence on larson. Maybe when everyone says that they think this kid is not as good as advertised, it may be that this coach takes it personally, like he is not a good coach or something. Not sure.

Personally, i think it has become really apparent that Iowa let two really good players get away. Iowa will eventually get two others as good, or maybe better, but all it does is slows the rebuilding process by at least one year.

I don't believe Iowa "let" 2 good players get away. They chose to be let out of their commitments. Coach Fran is meeting with Ben Brust and family on Tuesday and has no intention of letting Ben get away without a fight. Coach Fran said he wanted everyone to stay and he meant it.

I could care less how highly they are rated, if they do not want to be Hawks then let them go.

I will take a couple of 2 or 3 star athletes that have dreamed to be Hawkeyes any day.

Latest posts