Lady hawks win at Indiana

papathawki

The University of Iowa women's basketball team bounced back from a six-point and a seven-point deficit in the final 20 minutes to defeat Indiana 71-67, a win that was the Hawkeyes fifth in six outings and pushed its Big Ten Conference record to 6-7 and its overall mark to 13-11.

This group may still make some kind of post season- great coaching job by Bluder. I've never been a big fan of her recruiting; but it has really improved in the last 2 years. If she can get Greg Stoke's daughter; lady hawks will be a force to contend with.

Amazing without Wahlin

And without a couple other upperclasswomen, who were expected to be keys to the season. Hannah Draxten is one.

My compliments to Coach Bluder and the young Hawkeye ladies, who are making a late push for post season play.

Go Hawkeyes

Really a bummer about Draxten, she was just starting to look comfortable on the court and her shot was falling. OTOH, I believe Cermak had her career high game against Indiana, and she probably wouldn't have played if Draxten was available.

Re: Hawkeye women get crucial road win at Indiana

Nice job scrappy, banged up Hawks!
If you don't mind I'm changing the title. There are NO Lady Hawks. There are only Hawkeyes, Hawkeye men, Hawkeye women.

Take my word for it. It may be a small point, but it matters to many of the Hawkeye players and fans.

If she can get Greg Stoke's daughter; lady hawks will be a force to contend with.

For Bluder to land Kia Stokes, it is going to be a HUGE feat. Consider one game that I saw her play in was attended by Vivian Stringer (Rutgers), Stanford's head coach, Joelette Law (Illinois), Brenda Freese (Maryland)......and Kia had just got back from a trip to Tennesee where she watched a men's game with Pat Summit......plust a UConn assistant and ND head coach are frequent visitors are regulars at Linn Mar games.

All of the TOP programs are after Kia......it was be a TOUGH get for Bluder. Granted, it would be great to see her join the front court with Jade Rodgers (CR Kennedy) and Virginis Johnson (IC City High) with Jamie Printy (Linn Mar) as their shooting guard!

Wow, to have 4 of your top 10 players coming into the year injured, on an already young team....just a great job to pick up a road win against a decent team.

What we need to route for is for Iowa to get the 4 or 5 seed win the first day and you got a repeat against OSU in the semis. I think this team could make a run.

Alexander is first team all-Big Ten and Printy is freshman of the year and probably second team right now.

Coach Bluder and staff have done great things this year. Those hawkeyes are great fun to watch. I for one have a feeling Kia will put the black and gold on...no insider info just have a feeling Dad and Mom will like her to be close to home.

Loesshill--I hear that a girl from Logan Magnolia is leading the state (1A) in scoring. Seen her play?

Latest posts