LADY HAWKEYES ON BTN AT 8:00

judzeehawk

LADY HAWKEYES have moved up in the rankings to number 11! This will be a very good game tonight. Hope all you Hawkeye fans will watch. GO HAWKS!!!!!

Lots of scoring......but we're on the wrong end of it. Got faith in the ladies for the second half. 48-42 minny at the half.

We're still holding on to the 2 slot for the big10 tourney. Need to win out and seal the deal. Going to Ohio st. then home for the Wisconsin game and then it will be time to pay back the goofs at home for the last regular game of the season. Just a hiccup tonight and well be fine at Ohio st. No need to hang your heads girls. Your still in this and GO HAWKS!!!!!!

So...Zaui B is either the love child of Paul Bunyan and Janet Reno or she's a chic with a ****. She went for 39 and 29!

I'm not much of a fan of the methodical pace of women's game but that was pretty entertaining to watch.

Kinda fun to see determination, fundamental skill, good shooting (even tho Hawks were off a bit, tonight) and really good ball movement. Not to mention, that Zahui is a frickin beast! 40 and 30!! Unreal. I say this in earnest ... she'd punk Woodbury.

So...Zaui B is either the love child of Paul Bunyan and Janet Reno or she's a chic with a ****. She went for 39 and 29!

Shheeeee definitely uses her assets well. Hopefully she won't get away with all the shoving around. Not just the arm shoves but good golly those butt shots are lethal!

They let her get away with way to much pushing and shoving down low. I hope it is called a lot tighter next time.

I love watching these ladies play. Couple things about Iowa, they are in trouble when they face two kinds of teams. A very upbeat pressing quick team gives them fits, and a team with a strong post presence. They found the post presence too much last night.
On a side note the men's team might want to think about having Sam Logic come give a motivational talk on how to play the game with passion. Maybe show a highlight reel of her and how she is in charge on the floor EVERY NIGHT OUT.

From espn.com

The last NBA player to score at least 39 points and grab at least 29 rebounds in one game was Houston's Moses Malone (44, 29) against Indiana on Oct. 17, 1979, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. There have been 99 such games in NBA history, with the majority belonging to Wilt Chamberlain.

Most Games With At Least
39 Points, 29 Rebounds
Wilt Chamberlain87
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar2
Elgin Baylor2
Bob Pettit2
6 others1

Hate to see the ladies lose. But at least they play entertaining ball. The men vs jNW was painful to watch.

Zahiu B is the queen of the arm bar, but dang she is pretty athletic for being her size. She'd knock Woodbury on his azz.

This loss doesn't hurt the team. Can't wait to see them play their next game.

People that try to compare college men basketball players to college women got it all wrong. I played scrimmage games against a college women's team and pick up games against both men and women that were playing at the college level. Even though this was about 20 years ago and training of athletes has changed I don't think that it has changed all that much.

The level of play was not even close between the two. It is unfair to try to draw those comparisons. Women can and do play basketball great but it is just not the same. Has anyone else here played against both college men and women more recently than me, and comes to a different conclusion? I would like to know.

I that being said I love watching the Women's games as much as the men and I support both equally. As bad as the refs are in the men's game the women's game is even worse. Last night they were letting almost everything go. If a team has a player the size of a house that gives them a huge advantage under those circumstances. I think next time things will be different.

its too bad the ladies had to play 3 games in 6 days. They looked tired and it showed in their performance.

People that try to compare college men basketball players to college women got it all wrong. I played scrimmage games against a college women's team and pick up games against both men and women that were playing at the college level. Even though this was about 20 years ago and training of athletes has changed I don't think that it has changed all that much.

The level of play was not even close between the two. It is unfair to try to draw those comparisons. Women can and do play basketball great but it is just not the same. Has anyone else here played against both college men and women more recently than me, and comes to a different conclusion? I would like to know.

I that being said I love watching the Women's games as much as the men and I support both equally. As bad as the refs are in the men's game the women's game is even worse. Last night they were letting almost everything go. If a team has a player the size of a house that gives them a huge advantage under those circumstances. I think next time things will be different.

So you're saying men's bb is different than women's???? Stunning revelation.

Latest posts