LADY HAWKEYES ON BTN AT 8:00

People that try to compare college men basketball players to college women got it all wrong. I played scrimmage games against a college women's team and pick up games against both men and women that were playing at the college level. Even though this was about 20 years ago and training of athletes has changed I don't think that it has changed all that much.

The level of play was not even close between the two. It is unfair to try to draw those comparisons. Women can and do play basketball great but it is just not the same. Has anyone else here played against both college men and women more recently than me, and comes to a different conclusion? I would like to know.

I that being said I love watching the Women's games as much as the men and I support both equally. As bad as the refs are in the men's game the women's game is even worse. Last night they were letting almost everything go. If a team has a player the size of a house that gives them a huge advantage under those circumstances. I think next time things will be different.
Yes there is a difference. Right before John Wooden died he said there was only one true form of basketball being played...D1 women's basketball. He did explain that today's men's game is played above the rim and much of the "coaching" and strategy of the game is gone. My reference to Sam Logic helping the men's team was directed at "desire" "effort" "Leadership" and playing the game with great passion. I do not think any one guy on Iowa's team plays the game with great passion.

Latest posts