Lack of Athletes really shows

you replied to my question

"Is Cinci considered athletic?"
They seemed athletic and they were good shooters. They were the better team. However, the sliver lining is that I now have a team to cheer against, and they are at the top of my list.

The Admiral came out energized and shooting from the get go and pretty much sealed Iowa's fate early on.

and also - just FWIW, The Admiral didn't seal Iowa's fate early on, over time did, to which I don't think The Admiral even played in. So, just a weird response all together to my question so it really threw me off.

They seemed athletic and they were good shooters. They were the better team. However, the sliver lining is that I now have a team to cheer against, and they are at the top of my list.
Cinci looked like good shooters? I am so confused right now, it's like you are having a 1 on 1 conversation with me that I am not privy to parts of.

Our offense is not a dribble-drive offense that relies on having a quick point guard with good handles to get into the lane and find open shooters on the wing or drive it to the hoop or wrap around to the bigs for easy layups.

Our offense is a motion based offense that relies on players being able to screen, roll to the basket, flare out for jump shots, etc.

So I'm not sure that a cat quick point guard is what our offense really needs. And at the end of the day, our offense was still top 30 in the country.

The success (or lackthereof) for our program under Fran will be:

1. Defense. We need 5 guys that are all bought in on the defensive end of the floor. They don't have to be Wisconsin/Virginia good....but they need to be top 75 efficiency good.

2. A wing player that, when the game is within one possession with 2 minutes or less left, can get (and make) his own shot.

Our offense is not a dribble-drive offense that relies on having a quick point guard with good handles to get into the lane and find open shooters on the wing or drive it to the hoop or wrap around to the bigs for easy layups.

Our offense is a motion based offense that relies on players being able to screen, roll to the basket, flare out for jump shots, etc.

So I'm not sure that a cat quick point guard is what our offense really needs. And at the end of the day, our offense was still top 30 in the country.

The success (or lackthereof) for our program under Fran will be:

1. Defense. We need 5 guys that are all bought in on the defensive end of the floor. They don't have to be Wisconsin/Virginia good....but they need to be top 75 efficiency good.

2. A wing player that, when the game is within one possession with 2 minutes or less left, can get (and make) his own shot.

Better athletes who can move laterally better will help tremendously on the defensive end, especially on the perimeter. As other have pointed out, our offense was fine for the most part.

Thats why no one wants grad transfers?

Years in a college program would be more accurate than years in the Iowa program. Thats what I should have said. I agree that age matters a lot because most people are still maturing in their early 20s. He's a year more mentally and physically developed than most kids in his class. But he still has only played 4 years of high school ball and 2 years of college ball. His "extra year" of playing basketball came when he was really young. That isn't much of an advantage.

He's clearly plenty developed physically for his age. He has 3 more years of college basketball to improve, just like every other sophomore. It's like people who bring up his age think everyone hits the developmental wall at exactly 22 or something. "He's a year older than other people in his class so he won't improve between his junior and senior year". It seems like that must be your point.

Latest posts