Labas

ryno

I don't know the answer but why hasn't he played a down since McNamara got hurt? Played the bowl game last year and familiar with the God awful offensive scheme. And he can move a little. Ahhhh, there's the answer!

I don't know the answer but why hasn't he played a down since McNamara got hurt? Played the bowl game last year and familiar with the God awful offensive scheme. And he can move a little. Ahhhh, there's the answer!
Won't matter. McNamara was horrible when he played. The only way is to start over on offensive side of ball with new OC and system. Who in their right mind would come to IU to play offense? How do you sell a kid with talent at a skill position to come here? Only way would be nil money.

Won't matter. McNamara was horrible when he played. The only way is to start over on offensive side of ball with new OC and system. Who in their right mind would come to IU to play offense? How do you sell a kid with talent at a skill position to come here? Only way would be nil money.
Hill is proving to be terrible. The refusal to try anyone else really makes it seem like they aren't trying to get better. Joe Labas is at least mobile.

Per Coaches: He sucks
We all watched him in a bowl game. We was better than any Iowa QB since since Stanley. The dude who started today is somehow the worst parts of Stanley and Petras combined. The knock on Labas is that he apparently turns the ball over a lot in practice, but the total bum starting ahead of him turned it over three times today and took multiple unnecessary sacks.

TBF Michigan had him riding the bench for much of his career, too.
I was talking about pro tom Brady but point taken. Maybe I should have said Michael Vick instead but you get my point. If a QB has even a little mobility it's somehow viewed as a detriment by the ferentz' brain trust

I was talking about pro tom Brady but point taken. Maybe I should have said Michael Vick instead but you get my point. If a QB has even a little mobility it's somehow viewed as a detriment by the ferentz' brain trust
All I know is that 99+% of Hawkeye Nation are sick of our offense, our slow and lack of pocket presence QBs.

I find it hard to believe that our QB situation is this horrendous.
Our season starter was a gimpy portal transfer.
#2 is also a portal transfer. He is immobile and frankly terrible.
Our remaining QB's on the roster, recruited and developed by Brian Ferentz, are apparently so bad they are worse than the worst QB in CFB.

I find it hard to believe that our QB situation is this horrendous.
Our season starter was a gimpy portal transfer.
#2 is also a portal transfer. He is immobile and frankly terrible.
Our remaining QB's on the roster, recruited and developed by Brian Ferentz, are apparently so bad they are worse than the worst QB in CFB.
Who’s responsible!!!!! Yes the coaches but the fans have a say in it too if they would stick together and say enough is enough quit throwing money at them. I know the fans don’t pay all the bills per say but they will take notice when no one shows up .

Quarterback play overall in the B1G is really bad this year and Iowa is several notches below that.

Lainez and Resar both can move so we shall see after 2024.

Dochterman and Leistikow on their pod went through all the quarterbacks recruited to Iowa since Nate Stanley and I have to say the list is brutal.

Ferentz has this weird passive-aggressive thing of throwing shade at the backup quarterback. Maybe he is annoyed about people questioning why he doesn’t give the backup a look…I dunno. Anyway, I think Labas is gone as soon as the regular season is over. Frankly, I wouldn’t blame him.

Last edited:
Labas won the bowl for Christ's sake. And he managed that game very nicely. We have everything to gain and nothing to lose by starting him.

Quarterback play overall in the B1G is really bad this year and Iowa is several notches below that.

Lainez and Resar both can move so we shall see after 2024.

Dochterman and Leistikow on their pod went through all the quarterbacks recruited to Iowa since Nate Stanley and I have to say the list is brutal.

Ferentz has this weird passive-aggressive thing of throwing shade at the backup quarterback. Maybe he is annoyed about people questioning why he doesn’t give the backup a look…I dunno. Anyway, I think Labas is gone as soon as the regular season is over. Frankly, I wouldn’t blame him.
If you read about Petras & Hill's high-school stats they could both Run? It seems as if our QB's will be Punished if they take off and run. 3 & 4 yd. Passes over the middle in traffic when you need 8 or 9 yds. are just Senseless!

It’s impossible Labas is worse than Hill, I will not believe it.
I find it hard to believe also but we need to remember that he’s been in the Iowa system for longer than Hill and what quarterback in recent memory has gotten better at Iowa?

The lack of depth at QB has been an issue for a long time at Iowa. The reputation of Iowa makes recruiting that much harder. Somehow they got Cade but that was erased with his injuries. What you reap is what you sew and they are reaping a bitter harvest.

Without a new product to sell recruits I don't see it getting much better anytime soon.

People have been saying that ya can't expect to with much or for long unless you have an offense. I wonder if Kirk is starting to realize that.

Latest posts