La Russa done

Good for him. I've always liked the way he manages and he will go down as one of the best in history. No reason to Favre himself.

67 years old, brought a team back from 10.5 back on sept 1st, beat 3 better teams in the playoffs, fought shingles all season, will go down as the most successful manager in club history, genius!!!

Thanks Don Tony for a tremendous job!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not surprised by this. I doubt Duncan was coming back next year. Who replaces him will be the 2nd biggest factor that determines if Pujols comes back. Don't be surprised if it's someone internally. Perhaps Oquendo or McKay?

The guy is a d-bag but he's a good manager and as a Cubs fan this is good news.

It would be better news if Duncan doesn't stay in STL. That guy is a miracle worker.

I'm not surprised by this. I doubt Duncan was coming back next year. Who replaces him will be the 2nd biggest factor that determines if Pujols comes back. Don't be surprised if it's someone internally. Perhaps Oquendo or McKay?

Yeah, this is going to be big. If they lose LaRussa, Duncan and Pujols that is the heart of the organization. Would not be good. I'd take Oquendo, but I don't see it happening. Really hope Duncan stays, but the only reason he was still there was because of LaRussa...sooooooo

Yeah, this is going to be big. If they lose LaRussa, Duncan and Pujols that is the heart of the organization. Would not be good. I'd take Oquendo, but I don't see it happening. Really hope Duncan stays, but the only reason he was still there was because of LaRussa...sooooooo

And vice versa. LaRussa doesn't stay if Duncan isn't his pitching coach, and I'm assuming Duncan didn't plan to come back next year with his wife being sick.

Do you Cardinal fans think this a sign Pujols is not coming back? Just curious.

No, not really. I take it as more of a sign that Duncan isnt coming back. LaRussa doesn't want any other pitching coach and he just happens to have already accomplished everything he possibly can. But I think whoever replaces him, will be a deciding factor for Pujols. I could be completely wrong though. I may get pie in the face, but I've never thought Pujols was going anywhere.

Latest posts