Kyle Meyer Article

Wasn't impressed with his video. Very slow feet. But maybe that was b/c I just got done watching Cezar shake n bake.

Wasn't impressed with his video. Very slow feet. But maybe that was b/c I just got done watching Cezar shake n bake.
Can you link a video?

Also, does this sound weird to anyone else?

Although the Tigers have not offered, Clemson is in his final three with Iowa and East Carolina.

“Now that I announced that they’re definitely in my top three, I think it’s possible that they might give me one to influence where I go to school,â€￾ Meyer said.

So he puts Clemson in his final three to hopefully persuade them to give him a scholarship? Gee, I wonder where he wants to go to school...

Can you link a video?

Also, does this sound weird to anyone else?

It's in one of the threads about him. It's not only him but his whole team.

Nevermind I found it

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVYeXSrRj1M&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Last edited:
So he puts Clemson in his final three to hopefully persuade them to give him a scholarship? Gee, I wonder where he wants to go to school...

No kidding. If I was Clemson I would realize I had the leverage and offer him a walk on spot telling him you would give him the scholarship a year later. Or something like that.

I don't like the sounds of this. On the bright side he did have a lot of good things to say when he visited about the team and the school.

The whole thing seems strange to me. If he wants to go to Clemson why would he commit so early? He has over a year for Clemson to evaluate and offer him. If he doesn't get the offer does he still commit elsewhere in a month?

If Clemson offers he commits within the month. If no offer he 'decides to think things over a little while longer', until he gets the offer.

It's simple, Kyle is a silent commit to Iowa, but he needs to get the Clemson offer so Iowa fans can't complain about him not having any other BCS level offers.

Can't wait to stop reading these types of articles. Just absolutely sick of seeing the same scenario over and over. Iowa is in the list, but just seems to have no freaking shot. Really would rather not know anything.

Can't wait to stop reading these types of articles. Just absolutely sick of seeing the same scenario over and over. Iowa is in the list, but just seems to have no freaking shot. Really would rather not know anything.

No shot? At this point it is Iowa vs East Carolina, Drake, and other mid majors. I think Iowa has to be in the lead at this point.

I really doubt Clemson offers

I'm interested to see how Caarhawk reacts when Fran pulls in one of these athletic point guards. Oh and he also got a kid out of Ohio that is in the running for Mr Basketball of Ohio. White is a hellava player and Ogelsby had plenty of BCS type options but decided to play for Fran. Also I'm damn comfortable with Fran finding players. The two he brought in this year are far and away Iowas better players. One leading the league in assists and the other quickly becoming one of the best low post players in the league.

No shot? At this point it is Iowa vs East Carolina, Drake, and other mid majors. I think Iowa has to be in the lead at this point.

I really doubt Clemson offers

Regardless, it's pretty clear that he doesn't really want to be here. Even if he commits here, he's probably always going to have that in the back of his mind, that he really wishes he were at Clemson.

I'm interested to see how Caarhawk reacts when Fran pulls in one of these athletic point guards. Oh and he also got a kid out of Ohio that is in the running for Mr Basketball of Ohio. White is a hellava player and Ogelsby had plenty of BCS type options but decided to play for Fran. Also I'm damn comfortable with Fran finding players. The two he brought in this year are far and away Iowas better players. One leading the league in assists and the other quickly becoming one of the best low post players in the league.

THIS!!!:D

I have gone on record saying that I think White and Basabe are going to be freaking dominant together. I still don't know what to expect from Ogelsby. I would like to see him exert his will a little more at the high school level, but I will reserve judgment.

It isn't that I don't think Fran will be able to recruit. I just get frustrated hearing about the guys that just don't sound that promising for Iowa. Sorry, but this kid's comments are about what we heard from the last two number one offensive tackles that strung Iowa along. I would rather just let Fran go out and find the players who want to be Hawks and then let us find out about them when it is a done deal. Just like the way it worked with Basabe and Cartwright. Not like it worked with the kid last year from North Carolina, California, Fant, or the two JUCO guard teammates.

I also know I am the only one here who doesn't want to know every kid Iowa extends an offer to. Just me.

The article in question was written on a Clemson website so it is obviously going to be slanted in a way that makes it seem like the kid is desperately wanting to go there. Just saying - consider the source.
He has visited Iowa twice, once on his own dime. That says a lot. If he chooses Iowa, then it will be because he wants to be a Hawkeye.

McCaffery's two recruits are the best players on the team this year in Cartwright and Basabe. That is not to knock Marble and McCabe as I think they have alot of upside, but they weren't really his recruits. So far so good on the recruiting front for Fran and staff! Don't forget, Cartwright was a very late find seemingly out of nowhere.

I have gone on record saying that I think White and Basabe are going to be freaking dominant together. I still don't know what to expect from Ogelsby. I would like to see him exert his will a little more at the high school level, but I will reserve judgment.

It isn't that I don't think Fran will be able to recruit. I just get frustrated hearing about the guys that just don't sound that promising for Iowa. Sorry, but this kid's comments are about what we heard from the last two number one offensive tackles that strung Iowa along. I would rather just let Fran go out and find the players who want to be Hawks and then let us find out about them when it is a done deal. Just like the way it worked with Basabe and Cartwright. Not like it worked with the kid last year from North Carolina, California, Fant, or the two JUCO guard teammates.

I also know I am the only one here who doesn't want to know every kid Iowa extends an offer to. Just me.

If you follow recruiting,and I know you do, you understand that unless you are a top ten program in either fb or bb, you do not choose the recruits,the recruits choose you. So rejection, for programs like Iowa is a fact of life. The natural order of things. I also understand your frustration,because we have so many more rejections than hits,and it can be tough to get our hopes up so many times only to have them dashed.

Ultimately tho, all that matters is how they perform on the court. So,hitting on a Melsahn on the court,without the hype,is pure gold.
I enjoy the recruiting news,but try to always reserve judgement on our signed players until I see them play.

For instance, when Lick was supposedly recruiting Josh Gasser of central Wisconsin last year, I was underwhelmed,as he seemed like just another rural non-athlete who probably was all that a Lick could get..Wisky was not even offering at that point...well, I was wrong again,as the kid can clearly play.

So, I am holding off on projecting guys like Oglesby and White until my own eyes have seen the glory,so to speak.

As I watch Wisconsin once again have a great season, once again I remember that college bb is a team game,and recruits that once underwhelmed can be impressive once they are coached and operating in a machine-like system. Fran can coach,imo,and so he can take middling recruits and flourish,I believe,if they have a base of skills.

Latest posts