Kurt Makes Us Look Stupid Again

Pretty sure it had a lot to do with kids at the baseball game that were cussing and trash talking the Iowa players during their practice. I’m sure Jeffy mentions that in his twitter rant….
Still ridiculous.

It’s the equivalent of a 5 year old and and 7 year old in the back of a minivan on vacation yelling,

“STOP LOOKING AT ME!”

“Mom, tell him to stop LOOKING AT ME!!”

Not a good look, my man.

Pretty sure it had a lot to do with kids at the baseball game that were cussing and trash talking the Iowa players during their practice. I’m sure Jeffy mentions that in his twitter rant….
Can you link to Jeff Johnson’s Twitter rant?

I just looked through his entire feed and couldn’t find it.

I'll take this opening to re-share my Zabel story from the 1980s.

A bunch of us lived in Quad, many who had known each other from Freshman year. Great place during hoops season as you could literally run across the street just before tipoff.

Someone decided to form the "Jim Zabel Fan Club". It was more of a tongue-in-cheek thing until membership cards were printed up and we invited Zabel to speak to the group before a Thursday night game (B1G games were always Thursday night and Saturday). We secured a side banquet room in the Quad cafeteria and they allowed us to bring in wine and beer as it was a "banquet" event.

The night arrived and things got pretty crazy, Guys were pretty lubed up. Zabel was late (of course) but about an hour before tipoff he comes rushing in to thunderous applause. He took the head table, drank one shot of something, told a handful of jokes (some corny, some dirty) and was gone in about 10 minutes.

Epic night. Somewhere along the line I lost my membership card, I know at least one guy still has his.

Amazing. No decade can ever top the '80's.

I just looked through his entire feed and couldn’t find
Still ridiculous.

It’s the equivalent of a 5 year old and and 7 year old in the back of a minivan on vacation yelling,

“STOP LOOKING AT ME!”

“Mom, tell him to stop LOOKING AT ME!!”

Not a good look, my man.

Yeah that was sarcasm. Dude works
good the Gazette i believe. They are nothing but negative and false info when it comes to anything iowa. Didn’t they have the “article” on how Kirk was going to disband the diversity committee. When he was speaking with current and former players on how to improve it. I believe he had already told the incoming recruits the committee wasn’t going anywhere.

I'll take this opening to re-share my Zabel story from the 1980s.

A bunch of us lived in Quad, many who had known each other from Freshman year. Great place during hoops season as you could literally run across the street just before tipoff.

Someone decided to form the "Jim Zabel Fan Club". It was more of a tongue-in-cheek thing until membership cards were printed up and we invited Zabel to speak to the group before a Thursday night game (B1G games were always Thursday night and Saturday). We secured a side banquet room in the Quad cafeteria and they allowed us to bring in wine and beer as it was a "banquet" event.

The night arrived and things got pretty crazy, Guys were pretty lubed up. Zabel was late (of course) but about an hour before tipoff he comes rushing in to thunderous applause. He took the head table, drank one shot of something, told a handful of jokes (some corny, some dirty) and was gone in about 10 minutes.

Epic night. Somewhere along the line I lost my membership card, I know at least one guy still has his.

My Zabel story took place earlier. In the summer of 1973 I went to Boys' State, and Zabel was a keynote speaker. He was very high energy and a lot of fun to listen to.

Latest posts